News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Universal Translator

Started by flyinlow, April 14, 2013, 12:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

How does this forum work in other countries?   Does it show up in english? Do they have to read and type english?

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

polywideblock

Quote from: flyinlow on April 14, 2013, 12:56:47 AM
How does this forum work in other countries?   Does it show up in english? Do they have to read and type english?
never thought about it, but its an excellent question    :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

I think it is all in English.  There have been a few members that type in their native language before, and that is how we see it.  But, they can change the settings on their internet to where the language is translated to their native language. 

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

71ChallengeHer

What about a translator for never ending sentences with no punctuation ?      :D.       

JB400

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 14, 2013, 09:34:51 AM
What about a translator for never ending sentences with no punctuation ?      :D.        
What's up with the double punctuation and the space before the question mark? :nana:

skip68

I wonder what ever happened to that member we had in Pakistan/Iraq?    He used a translation program I think.   Pretty brave guy owning an American car over there. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Nacho-RT74

English, just exactly like you do
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

flyinlow

Thanks,

The reason I asked was while in Japan I could log on normally to this site. When I searched for Summit Racing the first four sites where in Japanese and Chinese. I finally found one in English. A couple days later in Taipei I could not access DodgeCharger.com Forum.

Just wondered.

Fred

Quote from: flyinlow on April 14, 2013, 11:44:09 AM
Thanks,

When I searched for Summit Racing the first four sites where in Japanese and Chinese.

Just wondered.

That's because any company selling a product needs to have their website in the language of the country it is advertising in. They are running a business.
DodgeCharger.com, on the other hand, is not.   :2thumbs:

seaweed

I see what you see. even if I'm on summit or other English sites. But English is our second language here in Sweden and i understand almost every word here, Had a hard time with some word (subframe, thirdmember, ping etc etc) course its not "school English".

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: 68X426 on April 14, 2013, 09:31:11 AM

What about Canadians?  ::)

That's easy, the translator just takes the normal sentence and appends 'eh' to it.  Also it changes any instances of about to aboot.  Done.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Fred

Quote from: seaweed on April 15, 2013, 02:07:17 AM
I see what you see. even if I'm on summit or other English sites. But English is our second language here in Sweden and i understand almost every word here, Had a hard time with some word (subframe, thirdmember, ping etc etc) course its not "school English".

Yes that's where it can get hard, as often there can be a big difference between what is taught in school (in non English speaking countries) and how it  translates when conversing with people from English speaking countries.

English also varies greatly from one English speaking country to the next.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Fred on April 15, 2013, 02:26:19 AM

Hell!!! changes from Lousiana to Texas, to Minessotta etc...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Dino

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 15, 2013, 11:51:24 AM
Quote from: Fred on April 15, 2013, 02:26:19 AM

Hell!!! changes from Lousiana to Texas, to Minessotta etc...

That's right!  I can barely understand those folks down south!  They call it 'Ohio" I believe.   :nana:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

skip68

:rofl:   It's funny but sad that there are people from other countries that can speak better and more clearly understandable english than some of our own or the nice folks in the Ghettos.   :nana:    :smilielol:   Like some of those shows that they have to have "closed captioning" so we can read and understand what the hell they just said.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rotz:    Don't beat me up guys, just playing. but it's sooooooo true ya'll!  know what I sayin?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Tilar

How does this forum work in other countries?   Does it show up in english? Do they have to read and type english?

もし私がそれを読むことができれば、日本人〔日本語〕がクールです。  :yesnod:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

JB400

What I find bad is that we speak English, but they want us to learn Spanish so that we can understand the Mexicans coming into the country.  In my mind, if you come to my country, speak my language. :patriot:

Dino

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on April 15, 2013, 12:49:14 PM
What I find bad is that we speak English, but they want us to learn Spanish so that we can understand the Mexicans coming into the country.  In my mind, if you come to my country, speak my language. :patriot:

Who wants you to learn Spanish?  I have not encountered that.  What state are you in again Stroker? 

Although I totally get what you're saying, you do know the US doesn't have an official language right?   :D

Tilar

Quote from: Dino on April 15, 2013, 12:53:30 PM

Although I totally get what you're saying, you do know the US doesn't have an official language right?   :D

Of course we don't. They don't have time to vote on things like that. They have more important things to vote on like spending a million dollars on a mouse that needs saved in California.    :brickwall:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

JB400

I'm here in Missouri, or Misery, which ever you prefer :icon_smile_big:  Actually, we were required to take Spanish in school.  Also, quite a few products sold in my area have the instructions or half the box wrote in Spanish before you get to the English section.  

flyinlow

flyinlow

Quote from: Tilar on April 15, 2013, 12:45:24 PM
How does this forum work in other countries?   Does it show up in english? Do they have to read and type english?

もし私がそれを読むことができれば、日本人〔日本語〕がクールです。  :yesnod:

Yes, almost gibberish, but my Japanese is cool Tyler San.   :rofl:

Dino

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on April 15, 2013, 01:02:18 PM
I'm here in Missouri, or Misery, which ever you prefer :icon_smile_big:  Actually, we were required to take Spanish in school.  Also, quite a few products sold in my area have the instructions or half the box wrote in Spanish before you get to the English section.  

Yeah we have the dual language thing up in Mi as well.  I 'm not sure if students are required to take Spanish here.

As far as language goes, I would say it makes sense that you can communicate with people in your community, the stores, bank, post office and all that fun stuff, no denying that.

Oh well, I'm not going to force anyone to speak English, but unless they speak Dutch, French or German they'll have to look for help elsewhere.  I learned the language most spoken here and to me that makes the most sense.

Oh and I'll call it Missouri, I've never been there so I'm not gonna insult it.   :icon_smile_big: