News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My First Charger

Started by Chris 69, February 20, 2006, 01:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris 69

Hi all,

After 10 years of searching, I have bought my first Charger.

1968 H-Code 383 Auto

Maybe now I should change my user name to Chris 68 and update my picture to the left.

Is there a '68 Charger registry?

Chris

skip68

Sweet, nice looking car Chris.  :icon_smile_big: Are you in Ca. ?  Chuck............................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Chris 69

Brock Samson

lookin pretty spiffy,..  :icon_smile_big: CONGRATS!!

skip68

I thought so, My inlaws live in Fall Rivers.  If I get lucky I'll have my 68 done by May and if we take it up there I'll have to drop off the wife & kids and hook up with you. :yesnod:  P.S.  Hide your emblems, I'm looking for one :icon_smile_cool:  But maybe I'll find one by then ::)................Chuck.........................................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Ghoste

First Charger huh?  Very nice way to start out. 

8WHEELER

Congrats  :thumbs:  good year as well   :icon_smile_big:
I still have my first charger to  ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Mefirst

Thats one nice looking ride :2thumbs:

Shakey

Welcome to the club.   :thumbs:

Nice lookin' car.

Pistolpete

Congrats, awesome looking ride!!  :2thumbs:
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Chris 69

Thanks for all your support. I appreciate having this site available to tap the vast knowledge of all the members.

Quote from: skip68 on February 20, 2006, 01:34:38 AM
I thought so, My inlaws live in Fall Rivers.  If I get lucky I'll have my 68 done by May and if we take it up there I'll have to drop off the wife & kids and hook up with you. :yesnod:  P.S.  Hide your emblems, I'm looking for one :icon_smile_cool:  But maybe I'll find one by then ::)................Chuck.........................................

Chuck, sounds good. Your inlaws are only about 65 miles away. I still have to fix the brakes, fix the radiator, and go thru all the fluids & hoses before I feel comfortable driving the '68.

Chris

greenpigs

Nice ride & yeah loose that pic of the Furd truck.

So other than driving it, what are your plans for the Charger?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

triple_green

Nice ride.....now you're hooked!

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

CB

good looking Mopar! Congrats!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

skip68

So I have to ask, how much did you get it for?  What are you going to do to it?  And last of all, what does interior look like?  I'm just being nosy :icon_smile_big:   Chuck...................

ck1

what emblem u looking for? looks like all the outside ones on the car are there or u talking about something different? nice car :icon_smile_shy:
CJK

hydroforce

VERY NICE.......i love the white

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

skip68

Quote from: ck1 on February 20, 2006, 02:45:23 PM
what emblem u looking for? looks like all the outside ones on the car are there or u talking about something different? nice car :icon_smile_shy:
 I'm looking for tha charger emblem on the pass. side sail panel.  Mine mysteriously :icon_smile_angry: disappeared.

Telvis

Very nice! White is my number two choice after green.

Chris 69

Quote from: skip68 on February 20, 2006, 11:28:38 AM
So I have to ask, how much did you get it for?  What are you going to do to it?  And last of all, what does interior look like?  I'm just being nosy :icon_smile_big:   Chuck...................

Chuck, this is the car posted on Traderonline for 14.5K. I think the guy could have sold it for more. All of the original pieces are there. The seats have been recovered within the past 3-4 years with the original style pattern and only have two minor tears in the driver's seat. The interior color is dark green. All of the gauges and lights work, even the clock and headlight doors. Its a non A/C car. Even if it was an A/C car I would drive it with the windows down anyway. The worst rust is in the lower passenger's side rear fender, and it looks like it's only on the surface. There's also some surface rust at the base of the rear window. All in all, I am pretty happy with the car. I don't currently have an interior pic to post.

Aside from replacing or fixing hoses, radiator, fluids, rust, and brakes, in the distant future I may change the column shifted auto to an original-style console shifted auto. My preference for the Charger is a stock appearance.

Telvis, I agree, green would be my first choice and white my second, but white will stand up better in the 108 deg. Redding heat.

Thanks for all the kind words, and I'm sure I will have many questions in the future,

Chris

ChargerST

The charger fits really tight on the trailer.did you have any troubles getting on the trailer?

Chris 69

Quote from: ChargerST on February 20, 2006, 06:02:14 PM
The charger fits really tight on the trailer.did you have any troubles getting on the trailer?

No troubles at all except it hung over the front by two feet and three on the back. The car is half-a-foot shorter than my full size '73 Ford pickup!

Chris

skip68

Cool deal :icon_smile_cool: That is a nice ride and with a little TLC will be perfect. At least your motor is in your car, I've still got to pick mine up from the shop next week :rotz: Good luck with her and now let the fun begin.   Chuck..................

firefighter3931

Congrat Chris...ya did great !  :yesnod: Fantastic looking Charger  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs