News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct bumper jack for a Superbird?

Started by Hoser2455, April 13, 2013, 02:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoser2455

Does anyone know what is the correct bumper jack for a Superbird?  Did they come with both the "T" style and the other square style?  I seen both on some different cars.  I know the jack hook is a 2931103 but what is the other # below the 2931103.  Also, how do you tell when your jack was made by the numbers on it?  Is there also a way to tell the date of the support brace? Thanks.

62 Max

Never saw anything but the "T" style in the bird.

Wingnut426

All Superbirds have the "T" style bumper jacks. The base, hook and the mechanism is gray in color, the shaft is dull aluminum.
There is a date code by the "up/down" lever. My Superbird has a date code of J 9  witch translates to Sept. of '69. ;)
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Hoser2455

That is good news because I have a "T" style jack, I will have to check for the J9 code.  I have noticed that there are two different 1103 hooks.  One of the hooks # will be a 2931103 with all of them numbers together.  The number under these hooks is 93153.  The other hook that I have seen out there is a 2931 103.  It has a small space typed in between both the ones.  These types of hooks have the number 10961 under the top # 2931 103.  Which hook is correct for the Superbird or are they both correct?  The other question I have about the jack hooks I seen at shows they appear to be a dull gray.  When painting one is there a correct paint to use or does most people just use gray primer?  Thanks, Jeff.

A383Wing

I have a "T" or "Y" style jack here....I need a "D" style for a Charger....anyone wanna trade?

Bryan

Alaskan_TA

The five digit number is the vendor code, so the two hooks you saw were supplied to Chrysler by different vendors.

Some jack mechanism date codes are in the body & some are in the end of one of the rivets.

A383Wing

Pics of what I have below... looks like "L9"? I have the base as well....what is this for or could be for?

Bryan

Alaskan_TA

A383Wing

So I have a "November '69" jack...worth anything? Would it be correct for a 'Bird? Still wanna trade for the "D" style

Bryan

Alaskan_TA

Nov. 1969 is during the 1970 model year.

It should be a 'popular' date to any potential traders.

A383Wing

Thanks buddy....I'll post an ad in the classifieds later

Bryan

thehemikid

So when was the jack installed in the trunk,.... before or after Clairpoint?

Hoser2455

Bryan,  I have a D styled jack and base, let me check on it tomorrow.  Ya never know?