News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chevrolet Question...... (Long)

Started by jaak, February 20, 2006, 12:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

I don't wanna sound stupid but I know very little about muscle car era chevys....
My good friend bought a 72 chevelle project about 6 months ago, nice body very little rust, a nasty dent in quarter, but all in all a nice starting point.  Well Thursday he ran across and bought another 72, with a 350-2 barrel, 350 turbo trans, factory air (still works!) a smooth running car, and just about everything works on it. Body is pretty banged up an rusty and its a 4-door, but has a ton of good parts and is a good driver as is. Of course he bought it to use for parts for the 2-door and he is wanting to put everything he can on the 2-door including engine trans, gas tank, lines, rearend, brakes, etc. My question is are 2 and 4 door frames the same on a 72 chevelle if so I suggested it would be quicker just to pull the bodies off frames and swap (if they are the same) and we can clean , paint, and detail engine, frame, ect. while bodies are off, That way everything is exposed to "freshen-up" He is not doing a complete resto, just wants to build a sharp driver.
Any info, tech links, etc. will be appriciated.

Jason

Here's a pic of the 4 door I took Thursday night, when he brought it home.

derailed

I believe 2 door and 4 door frames are different ONLY on 68-72 cars. Wheelbase is 4" longer on a 4-door.

Brock Samson

I think if ya measure wheel bases you'll find the 4 door is longer...
But you remind me that when i was in college my friend had a sweet 4-door '71 chevelle, he had some nice stuff on it from a SS like the rallye wheels, steering wheel basket handle trans selector and some other misc cosmetic options, no, emblems though, but he put these little opera lamps on the c-pillar, I believe it was a well optioned 4-door to begin with... silver with black top, black int.. it was a pretty cushy ride not fast but substantial.
I belive it had a special designation, like concurs or greenbriar or something like that... i fondly remember sitting in the parking lot, listening to B.O.C.s' Don't Fear the Reaper...

it looked abit like this...

http://www.chevelles.com/wagons/4-door/4dr-beldar.jpg

Darkness

Wheelbase will be different on the cars just ever so slightly.

jaak

Thanks guys,

Hey Stratocharger, intresting link thanks.

Jason

hemihead

Why is this on a Charger Board?Shouldn't this be at least  Off Topic?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

PocketThunder

Quote from: jaak on February 20, 2006, 01:21:21 AM
Thanks guys,

Hey Stratocharger, intresting link thanks.

Jason

Strats the linkmaster!!!  need a link, never fear, stratocaster is here!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

greenpigs

Quote from: hemihead on February 20, 2006, 08:03:03 AM
Why is this on a Charger Board?Shouldn't this be at least  Off Topic?

It is an automotive question thats why it was posted here, as far as being a Charger board only or something...lighten up a little.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

jaak

Quote from: hemihead on February 20, 2006, 08:03:03 AM
Why is this on a Charger Board?Shouldn't this be at least Off Topic?

What dictionary did you look up "general discussion" in? I said this is a Friends car, I own a charger, that is why I am a member, but nowhere is it indicated that you should only talk about chargers in General Discussion, and also The topic said Chevrolet Question in the title, if you do not want to read about a chevy, simply pass over and don't click on the topic.

The other day, when the guy had the post about painting his charger with a rollor and rustoleum paint, I replied with a smart ass remark, I guess I was due a smart ass remark. lol.

Jason

Brock Samson

last time a chevy came up the same crap happened...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9582.0.html

i didnt notice that when a poncho was posted though...  :-\