News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Changing My Stripes.

Started by Fred, April 05, 2013, 10:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

I'm seriously thinking of changing my red stripes to black.
What are your thoughts?

Where's the best place to purchase them?  Got my red ones from Year One.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

projectanimal

We bought our black ones from Phoenix Graphics!    :cheers:

Would you go with flat black or gray as a shadow stripe???
northwest CT

Fred

I was going with the flat black but now you've got me thinking .

Are the one's you purchsed from Phoenix Graphics 3M quality?

Fred

Pics of grey on black and flat black on black so that I can decide which to go with would be very much appreciated.  :2thumbs:

Bob T

Fred, I have some brand new ( 2 years old ) white stripes that I brought when I had the old Charger, as I cant bear to install them on my stripe delete car, they are up for grabs, they are Phoenix graphic ones and mint as.
White though not black or grey  :icon_smile_big: , give it some thought and flick us a pm if you want, I dont want much for em
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

JB400

I'm more fond of a silver or a pewter colour.   I'm not really fond of ghost stripes or images.  Why go through the expense if it doesn't really look like you have them on there except at certain angles?

Why the change anyway? :shruggy:

doctor4766

Yeah, I'd agree.
Here's some I made for a VJ hardtop recently

Gotta love a '69

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tpetty

Obviously go with whatever your personal preference, but I think you have the most killer color combination possible right now. :Twocents:

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

71ChallengeHer

charge69

Just keep the red stripe on that Charger and call it a day!  I understand your thoughts about changing the stripe color but, after thinking about it, lay down, take two aspirin and get over it! :icon_smile_big: Classic look and Classic Charger. :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

I would go flat black from perf car graphics. Funny thing about the flat black when its on a gloss black car is that it kinda looks like a very dark gray.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Fred

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 06, 2013, 08:32:19 PM
I would go flat black from perf car graphics. Funny thing about the flat black when its on a gloss black car is that it kinda looks like a very dark gray.

Thanks for the info, that's interesting. Very dark grey could be good too. :2thumbs:

I've just checked it out and I see they also have a low sheen as well as the flat black but it's hard to spot the difference on the colour swatches provided. I'll have to investigate some more.

Fred

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 06, 2013, 06:41:00 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 06, 2013, 12:30:46 AM
Performance Car Graphics

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/

Go flat black on black.
they have ledger green in 3M  :scratchchin: 

I checked it out jackie but it's hard to imagine it on the car.

Fred

Quote from: tpetty on April 06, 2013, 02:36:53 PM
Obviously go with whatever your personal preference, but I think you have the most killer color combination possible right now. :Twocents:

Thankyou. I appreciate that.  :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on April 06, 2013, 12:34:12 AM
I'm more fond of a silver or a pewter colour.   I'm not really fond of ghost stripes or images.  Why go through the expense if it doesn't really look like you have them on there except at certain angles?

Why the change anyway? :shruggy:

A change is as good as a holiday? I'm just in two minds at the moment.  I did originally want the red and certainly am not unhappy with it but in the mean time I've had opportunity to see the flat black and it just looks mean to me. It comes at you out of nowhere and then hits you full on. A beastly thing!

Fred

Quote from: charge69 on April 06, 2013, 07:37:33 PM
Just keep the red stripe on that Charger and call it a day!  I understand your thoughts about changing the stripe color but, after thinking about it, lay down, take two aspirin and get over it! :icon_smile_big: Classic look and Classic Charger. :2thumbs:

I'm going to do exactly that.  :2thumbs:

Fred

Thanks everyone for your imput.  :2thumbs:

polywideblock

have you thought of the blue like on 70 super bee c stripes? :yesnod:  black and blue is almost as good as black and red (my vote by the way)

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

hatersaurusrex

I think you need to ask 1970moparmann for better pics of his ride.    His stripes are easily visible but still subtle without looking like ghost stripes, and that's just what I can tell from his avatar.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=8507
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

dodgey68

charcoal metallic grey,would cool
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

myk

Keep it red, maybe change it to silver/gray as mentioned above, but avoid black IMO-it would clash/interfere with the perfect black that's already on the body

HeavyFuel

This isn't exactly a poll thread, but I vote for keeping them red.....looks great as is.

But it's really not a life or death decision is it?  Just stickers, after all.