News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lower 68 tail panel trim fasteners. Where to find?

Started by bull, April 04, 2013, 08:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Anyone know where I might find a set of trim fasteners for the lower tail panel trim piece? It takes five of them and they look like this:

bull

While I'm at it I might as well ask about the nuts. Do they take those tall, enclosed nuts with the rounded ends?

8WHEELER

I have never been able to find those anywhere Bull. I left them in one time after taking my stainless in for polish, and they took them out, and lost
every one of them  :rotz:  So I have bought the complete lower trim piece in the past just to get those, they can be very cheap to buy believe it
or not  :shruggy:  I have the egg corn nuts on mine.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on April 04, 2013, 09:59:59 PM
I have never been able to find those anywhere Bull. I left them in one time after taking my stainless in for polish, and they took them out, and lost
every one of them  :rotz:  So I have bought the complete lower trim piece in the past just to get those, they can be very cheap to buy believe it
or not  :shruggy:  I have the egg corn nuts on mine.

Dan

Hey Dan. :cheers: When you say acorn nuts do you mean the regular old tall enclosed Mopar trim specials, right?

bull

Hey Dan, they're not correct but here's the ticket on clips for that trim piece. Seen them in catalogues before but never used one until now. 10/24 and the same length. :2thumbs: I found them at the hardware store yesterday.

8WHEELER

I have seen those before, never tried to see if they would work, good going, will remember those for the future.

I still need to charge the battery's on my camera's to get you a pic of those nuts, they are not as long as
those units you posted, those are used more on the rear emblems, and some grille applications, but they
certainly would work, and nobody else will see them

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Thanks. I found a good source for fasteners at http://www.amkproducts.com so they'll most likely have whatever kind of nut it takes.

HeavyFuel

Those clips look like the same ones used to hold on the sail panel trim.   :scratchchin:

bull

I can't find anyone who knows what kind of nuts go on these bolts. :shruggy:

HeavyFuel

Quote from: bull on April 09, 2013, 02:14:24 PM
I can't find anyone who knows what kind of nuts go on these bolts. :shruggy:

I took a look at mine...I re-used my originals.

They look just like these (AMK), and I think this is the right size:

HeavyFuel

Good news for you Bull.   I looked at the nut on my tail trim piece (the one you think might take the acorn nut) and mine has the same type nut as mentioned above for the sail panel.

So, it works out great that you're using the sail panel clip for the rear trim.....things should look correct looking inside your trunk.....if that's what your after.

(That's if my stuff can be trusted as original for reference....I think they are)

bull

Excellent, thanks. :2thumbs: I was thinking they wouldn't have left the threads exposed like that with them in the trunk but I guess that's how they rolled.

HeavyFuel

My stuff might not be factory....my car did get a re-spray in the '70's due to a minor collision.  But judging by the amount of paint I had to scrape off trim all over the car....they didn't remove anything.

bull

Quote from: HeavyFuel on April 10, 2013, 12:09:33 PM
My stuff might not be factory....my car did get a re-spray in the '70's due to a minor collision.  But judging by the amount of paint I had to scrape off trim all over the car....they didn't remove anything.

I asked the same question on Moparts and a guy posted the same kind of fasteners, so it's probably right. :2thumbs: