News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door Dints

Started by Fred, April 03, 2013, 08:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

You know how your daily driver has dints in the sides from other drivers opening their car doors?
Why don't they make cars factory standard with the dints already in them. 
That way we wouldn't have to concern ourselves or get upset every time we come back to our car and find another one!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

71ChallengeHer

Just kick it yourself  :rofl:

Fred

I couldn't do that. It would hurt me (in more ways than one) but if it came standard, it would no longer matter.

polywideblock

why not just make the doors out of wriggly tin? :icon_smile_big:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

skip68

They should make them out of hemp.   :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

polywideblock

if your mate on the someones getting bold thread has his way thats all it will be good for :eek2:

GOTWING

My two worst door ding / dent incidents that I can remember for one was my 86 Buick T-type after I purchased it, I remember parking waaaaaay out in the parking lot with no one around, I come out of the store and a shopping cart is right up against the driver's door, what I didn't realize was that I had parked on the down side of the parking lots "crown" the cart rolled down hill built up speed and dented my door ! :eek2:

The second incident I still had my temp tag on my brand new truck, I had parked far away up against a curb area with the passenger side we all went into the restaurant and wouldn't you know it some jerk just had to park next to me and whoever was in the back of their car dinged my back door on my truck. I had it pulled by the dent doctor, cost me $40   :brickwall:

Fred

Been there many times. It really puts a damper on your day.  :'(

JB400

I was 4yrs old when I put my first dent in a door :whistling:

Fred

Were you congratulated?

JB400

I didn't get in trouble.  Does that count?

polywideblock

that why I'm one of the a holes that park right in the middle of the 4 spaces if I've got to leave the car(roadrunner)  for any reason.Xmarks the spot so to speak , the daily just gets parked in a space it got its first dent the same day i got it parked in woolies came back to white stripe on corner of bumper .people these days think the bumper is there to tell them when to stop while parking :eek2:

Fred

Sickening isn't it!

The wife's' car is 3 years old now and looks like it just left the showroom. She parks it so far away from anything, she might as well leave it at home!   :lol:
Or else she gets to the shops an 1 hour before they even open to get her pet parking spots.

1970Moparmann

Two new cars I bought got a dent in it the first day I brought it home - WTF......   The wife parks our van anywhere and it shows.  EVERY vehicle I drive I park in a "protected" spot, and it drives my wife and kids nutzzzz.  But, at the end of the day my truck has no dings in it...  :nana:

The kids get made at my park jobs and I just say " you need exercise". :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ws23rt

I went through the new car where to park stuff with my 09 challenger srt. A gift I gave to me for many years of hard work. With less that 1000mi on it I hit a dear. Talk about parking lot dings. The dear didn't make it and 7500$ later the car was as new. Than in a parking spot too close to a golf course got me a dent in the rear deck lit. That was an opportunity to learn something about paintless dent repair. I am happy with what I learned, did it myself, and It is good enough that I have to show the interested where the repair is. What I am left with is a car that I can get in and drive-park-car wash, etc with ease.

myk

I hear you.  When I got the Charger back from the paint shop I keyed it slightly and opened a car door from another one of my cars into it, just to get this stuff out of the way.  Now, I don't have to worry about it... :shruggy:

Also, parking "strategically" as opposed to parking with the rest of the cattle herd at Wal*Mart doesn't help.  I don't know about you guys but whenever I do that someone else always goes out of their way to park RIGHT BESIDE me, even if the parking lot has plenty of spots...

Fred

Cars parked off on there own seem to be a magnet for other cars that's for sure.

It's funny how you do your best to prevent dints or stone chips etc. for as long as you can but after you finally get that first one and the initial sick feeling subsides, it doesn't seem to matter anymore. (not as much at any rate)  I'm talking daily drivers here.

ws23rt

The parking slots are smaller now than they were (back in the day). I squeezed into one once with enough room for me to get out but forgot about the guy on my right. When I came out of the store he was having a fit about the jackass that parked so close that he could not get in. I went back in the store for a while. Oops should have apologized.

Fred

Plus you need to open the doors all the way to be able to get in and out without constantly hitting your knee on the door mouldings.
What were they thinking!

model maker

What about the clowns with oversize tires on the lifted trucks and always have to speed by everyone on the highway & cut in front of you driving partway on the shoulder of the road throwing rocks & anything else their tires can find to hit any car within 200 feet behind them. My truck shows a lot of stone chips in the hood & windshield from these jackasses.  in the winter they throw all the road  rock cinders they put down on the road that end up on the shoulder but these guys seem to always stray over the fog line and pick up all these rock cinders  the hiway dept. uses on icy roads. when these guys pass you 15 MPH over the speed limit it sounds like someone is throwing handfuls of gravel at the front of your car. :flame:
MODEL MAKER

Fred

Yeah the wife knows all about that. It happened to her while she was cruising in her corvette so she figured she'd overtake (pass) it and got a speeding ticket for her troubles. Car with speed camera sitting on the shoulder of the road (where it was safe to overtake) just waiting for for her to come along!  :down:  Naturally she planted her foot in order to pass the truck as quickly as possible and paid for it.

Kern Dog

Up here we call them D E N T S.
Maybe a typo on your part?

Patronus

In the Charger I just break out the velvet ropes.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Fred

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on April 08, 2013, 03:05:58 AM
Up here we call them D E N T S.
Maybe a typo on your part?

Geez Greg!    ::)

Down under we call them many things and I chose to call it a dint. No typo............

dint  

/dint/ def.

Noun

An impression or hollow in a surface.

Verb

Mark (a surface) with impressions or hollows.

Kern Dog

I really mean no offense. I know that while we share the same language, some things are different.
My older brother spent 6 months in Sydney. He worked at a small store. Once a woman came in asking for pu**y stuff. What she wanted was what we HERE call "Kitty Litter". Funny!