News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what size should my fuel line be?

Started by brigond, April 01, 2013, 06:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brigond

I'm changing fuel lines . The person before had 11/32 from the carb to the pump. This size seemed a little too big for the fuel pump connection.

What is the standard size fuel line ? Is it 3/8 or 5/16 , or other.

I have a 1971 charger ,383,with a 1966 block. so I'm guessing the fuel pump is for a 1966 . I don't know if there is a difference from 1971 to 1966 fuel pump .
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!

Cooter

Most STOCK fuel lines are around 5/16" going into carb...However, if it was a High Perf. car like the HEMI, or 440+6, then it could have been 3/8"...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

71 SE3834V

Like cooter said it should be 5/16" w/the 383. You should check the line in the rear as it should be replaced also and everthing should be the same if someone hasn't boogered it up. Ya might wanna check the vent lines also.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

brigond

Thanks Cooter, it was originally a 383 magnum engine now its a 1966 383 block and heads. What's confusing me is that there was a 3/8 fuel filter that I took off of it.  Also,  The edlebrock carb connection is a larger fitting than the connection on the fuel pump. It's a bit tight but I can get the 5/16 on the carb fitting.
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

brigond

Quote from: 71 SE3834V on April 01, 2013, 06:59:54 PM
Like cooter said it should be 5/16" w/the 383. You should check the line in the rear as it should be replaced also and everthing should be the same if someone hasn't boogered it up. Ya might wanna check the vent lines also.

Hey there SE3834v. Yes, ill replace the peice at the tank also. Thanks for the reminder. I'm gonna get a 5/16 filter . I think they just jammed 5/16 hose over the 3/8 filter. Though , I'm gonna have to make the 5/16 work on the carb connection. It's pretty tight but it works. I'm running fuel injection fuel line ..J30-R9