News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 grille reproduction

Started by lee, March 30, 2013, 01:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

Is that bobfist still making grilles or anyone else or am I still out of out of luck

lee

Does anyone make a repo grille yet

green69rt

Kern Dog

What is a repo? A grille that wasn't paid for and is reposessed?

Mike DC

There are no reproduction Charger grilles.

Used ones turn up for sale on a regular basis in the usual places.   You can get one if you are willing to pay what they are worth. 

Tilar

Bobfist did at one time have the 69 center section in somewhat of a production phase.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82237.0.html

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

charger Downunder

All i can remember was some people were whinging about the price. Good on him for making them.
[/quote]

Lennard

::)
He had the center pieces for sale for $994.90 on eBay ex shipping, then after a few months he posted on this forum that "a big company" had bought his manufacturing tools and plans.

He changed some of his replies to digits. 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82237.0.html

Fred

Quote from: charger Downunder on March 30, 2013, 05:15:37 PM
All i can remember was some people were whinging about the price. Good on him for making them.

x 2.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

freddyd02

And then he had a caner scare didn't he? Hope hes ok

Lee A

So I have a boat anchor then I have a totally restored 69 with no Center section they won't let me safety it or drive it with no grille down the road all I can find in Canada is haywired together junk if I can't find one I will have to sell it I'm kind of disappointed I put every panel I could into this thing brand new
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

JB400

Last time I checked, Bob was still selling them on his site.  Just collect a few aluminum cans, mow a couple extra yards, and pick up pennies in the parking lot, and you should be able to get one easy enough. :2thumbs:

Lee A

Striker what is the name of the site please
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

JB400

bobfist

Hi guys!

Here i am! :)

Let me update everyone since ive been quiet for a while.

Thats right that my dad got lung cancer and when the treatment started the grille thing wasnt funny anymore.
Everything with my dad and his treatment has been going well and he is feeling good, not fully healthy as before but up on his feet in the garage :)

Myself has some smaller problems, lost my work as many other plumbers here in Sweden...
So the other ideas we have with the factory making the corners as well have to wait im afraid.

But we still have the center grilles for the 69 guys
I would love to sell them cheaper but the production this time was a little expensive for us.
And i hope the EU opens up the borders for free trade with the US soon as they talking about so we can get rid of the extreme shipping cost

Would be great if the Admin could set this as a sticky?
So people find me if they need a grille or fuel filler tube.

Tony / Bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

tan top

oh sorry to hear about your Dad , crikey scary !! glad here its all going well with your dad  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

six-tee-nine

Quote from: bobfist on March 31, 2013, 01:48:00 PM
And i hope the EU opens up the borders for free trade with the US soon as they talking about so we can get rid of the extreme shipping cost

Tony / Bobfist

Yeah, that would be great, Because the only thing that fucking European Union does is rob us and suck us dry. Its about time they do something back for us civillians so we get rid of these ridiculous import fees we pay on every stupid thing we import from out of the EU. And then those morons dare to ask out loud why the economy is in a free fall.....

Sorry did'nt want to go political here but just a MAJOR rant for me these days.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

kokxville

Quote from: six-tee-nine on April 01, 2013, 07:40:05 AM
Quote from: bobfist on March 31, 2013, 01:48:00 PM

Tony / Bobfist

Yeah, that would be great, Because the only thing that fucking European Union does is rob us and suck us dry. Its about time they do something back for us civillians so we get rid of these ridiculous import fees we pay on every stupid thing we import from out of the EU. And then those morons dare to ask out loud why the economy is in a free fall.....

Sorry did'nt want to go political here but just a MAJOR rant for me these days.
:iagree:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

69rtsetracpac

Quote from: Lee A on March 31, 2013, 02:51:22 AM
So I have a boat anchor then I have a totally restored 69 with no Center section they won't let me safety it or drive it with no grille down the road all I can find in Canada is haywired together junk if I can't find one I will have to sell it I'm kind of disappointed I put every panel I could into this thing brand new
Your going to have to sell the car because your grill is broke?
What was I thinking?

bobfist

guess it has something to do with the Canada MOT?
Same thing here, somethings missing, dont drive the car...if i get it right?
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Mike DC

If you are really desperate to get something just to drive the car with, then you could get one of these cheaper (and lower quality) fiberglass grilles and modify it.  They're sold by that "Showcars" fiberglass place online.  

The fiberglass molders have blocked off the slatted area of the grille smooth, probably to make it feasible to mold the thing.  You would need to cut that area out and replace it with some other grating or mesh material.  And then you'd probably need to fab up some brackets or something to mount the thing in the car.

It's not a great solution, but I bet it could probably be rigged up to make the car legal.  

TexasStroker

I can't believe you navigated that site and found pics!

Sorry to hear that Bob...I was looking forward to finally seeing a complete, repopped grille on the market.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

bobfist

Quote from: TexasStroker on April 06, 2013, 02:21:46 AM
I can't believe you navigated that site and found pics!

Sorry to hear that Bob...I was looking forward to finally seeing a complete, repopped grille on the market.

Dont worry, we will see better days :)

Dont give up yet :)

Tony
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

ChargerD100

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 01, 2013, 07:46:02 PM

If you are really desperate to get something just to drive the car with, then you could get one of these cheaper (and lower quality) fiberglass grilles and modify it.  They're sold by that "Showcars" fiberglass place online. 

The fiberglass molders have blocked off the slatted area of the grille smooth, probably to make it feasible to mold the thing.  You would need to cut that area out and replace it with some other grating or mesh material.  And then you'd probably need to fab up some brackets or something to mount the thing in the car.

It's not a great solution, but I bet it could probably be rigged up to make the car legal. 

price isnt bad on that grille 395.00 + shipping
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html