News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tailshaft Bushing

Started by Big Sugar, March 29, 2013, 08:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

Tailshaft Bushing and Seals

Do I need to pull the tailshaft housing to remove the bushing ?  Anyone have any pics ?

Where is the best place to buy the seals and bushing ?

since I'm posting  ...The Tailshaft Damper is kind of loose where can I get new Rubber grommets

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

John_Kunkel

What vehicle? Your Charger?

The bushing can be changed without removing the tailhousing but it requires a special tool. How much side play in the slip yoke is "excessive" is something I've never determined. The seal is a simple pry-it-out, drive-it-in job, any auto supply should have it.

The large iron damper was only used on some '72 and later cars...it has no place in a sixties Charger. No idea if the bushings are available.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Big Sugar

it's a 66 Charger, I should look for the numbers on the tranny to determine what year it is.
John I would say the slack is excessive enough to warrent pulling the tailshaft unless i can find that tool.
SMR transmissions is right around the corner Maybe  Pat Story can re and re it for me.

10" Dynamic Convertor is out should I have it checked out ? Before re-installing ?

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b