News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint "sticks" and/or "Pens"

Started by highstyle2, March 25, 2013, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highstyle2

Looking for one of these paint stick/pens to do the edges of the rally gauge cluster & side marker & taillights on a '73 SE. I saw one on-line or in a book awhile back & for the love of me can't seem to find it again. Anyways, can someone steer me in the right direction as to who may make these. I looked on Eastwood's & SEM's site to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Dino

There's lots of brands but Sharpie an dElmer's are the better known.  Available at your local hobby store.  I bought a white paint pen to do the lettering on my cluster and it turned out great.  Elmer's pen found at Walmart.

If you're painting something on the outside you may need to put clear over it, I don't know how well a paint pen will hold up to the elements.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

CDN72SE

I went on Amazon and found a Krylon Chrome pen that I used on my rallye guage surround and around some other dash pieces. I did also do the side marker lenses, but my car is nowhere ready for the road so I can't say how it will hold up in the real world.

Good luck and post some pictures when you are done.
1972 Charger SE

jaak

I can't think of the brand, but I bought one at Walmart, where all the craft supplies are. It has a tip on both ends, a thin one on one end, and a thicker one on the other. Painted nicely and held up good so far after two years.

Jason

highstyle2

Thanks for the input fellas, like the way yours turned out CDN72SE.....that seems to be as close to silver argent we may get

twodko

Bought a silver paint pen at a crafts store to do the inner lines on my 69 tail light lens. Very happy with the results.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bull

I'm partial to the Uni Paint pens myself but whatever you get you'll need one with a beveled edge.