News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No '73-'74 tail light housing reproductions?

Started by MPatrick, March 18, 2013, 05:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPatrick

I picked up a nice factory '73 base model Saturday for 2k. Both tail light housings are pretty much ruined but I figured someone made them. Wrong. So the only option is to buy another old brittle pair off ebay or at a swap meet?

ODZKing

Yeah, and decent to nice looking ones are quite expensive if you can find them because it's the entire housing.
They always break at the corners and the chrome always comes off.
Even if they were reproduced (and I wish they were) they'll be pricey.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: ODZKing on March 18, 2013, 07:37:42 AM
Yeah, and decent to nice looking ones are quite expensive if you can find them because it's the entire housing.
They always break at the corners and the chrome always comes off.
Even if they were reproduced (and I wish they were) they'll be pricey.

i tried sending mine to a company to reproduce about 1 year ago and they did not want to touch them.  Maybe someday i can send it to china and get it done!

MPatrick

I'm thinking about these new 3d printers that can scan and reproduce anything.

MPatrick

Went to a swap meet in Perry, Ga this past weekend. Within 30 minutes I found a complete left side assembly in great shape! Offered him $40 and he took it! Need the right side now.

ralley72

Quote from: MPatrick on April 02, 2013, 07:55:59 AM
Went to a swap meet in Perry, Ga this past weekend. Within 30 minutes I found a complete left side assembly in great shape! Offered him $40 and he took it! Need the right side now.
Hey thats great. $ 40.00 for a complete assembly is a fair price. I have taken a few out over the years and they are almost always broken.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

tbonefrog

Quote from: MPatrick on March 18, 2013, 09:53:37 PM
I'm thinking about these new 3d printers that can scan and reproduce anything.

nice thing about 3d printer is if you can scan in the coordinates of one good taillight, you can reverse them and print out the other side.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html