News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1.6 Roller Rockers on Performer RPM Heads

Started by Tobias_Ljungblad, February 22, 2013, 11:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobias_Ljungblad

Hi Guys!

I'm building a 470 stroker with a stroker kit from Muscle Motors Racing with the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, 84cc. The motor will be set up for a High Performance street/strip application. I will be running a MP cam 241/241@.050 lift:0.528/0.528. I'm planning on putting 1.6 Roller rockers in the heads now and beehive springs, for usage in the future with bigger camsahfts. But I don't know what rockers to use. I've heard the Harland Sharp rockers is a little too long in those heads. Anyone know what Roller Rockers to use?

Thanks!

Regards
Tobias

firefighter3931

Call Todd at Comp Wedge Engines ; he can get you a nice set of Harland Sharp rockers that will have perfect geometry with the RPM heads.  :2thumbs:

I had the HS rockers on my old 446 with the RPM heads and the sweep pattern on the valve tip was less than ideal, but still worked. Todd recognized this problem and worked with Harland Sharp to shorten the body length and correct the geometry problem.  :yesnod:

http://www.competitionwedge.com/

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Tobias_Ljungblad

Okay, thanks for the advice Ron  :icon_smile_cool:  I will contact him, I saw on competitionwedge.com he sells 1.6 Crane rockers. Maybe they fit. Do you have any experience with the Crane rockers?

Thanks!
// Tobias

firefighter3931

Quote from: Tobias_Ljungblad on February 23, 2013, 09:59:59 AM
Okay, thanks for the advice Ron  :icon_smile_cool:  I will contact him, I saw on competitionwedge.com he sells 1.6 Crane rockers. Maybe they fit. Do you have any experience with the Crane rockers?

Thanks!
// Tobias

The Cranes are a perfect fit with the RPM heads. Those are nice rockers for somebody using a flat tappet cam with less than 400lb spring pressures.  :2thumbs:

If you think that a roller cam might be in your future my suggestion is a set of Harland Sharp fully rollerized rockers.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs