News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A little direction from you all-knowing folks

Started by Black and Blown, December 16, 2013, 04:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and Blown

I have a 440 engine laying around.  It's been rebuilt, and I'm trying to sell it.  (yes, still)

A couple potential buyers have asked for numbers on the block... telling me something to the effect that they can learn what car it came out of and what year.  As usual, I tried to google this on my own and gave up.   :yesnod:

Where can I decode this?  OC147488

hemi68charger

Quote from: Black and Blown on December 16, 2013, 04:01:37 PM
I have a 440 engine laying around.  It's been rebuilt, and I'm trying to sell it.  (yes, still)

A couple potential buyers have asked for numbers on the block... telling me something to the effect that they can learn what car it came out of and what year.  As usual, I tried to google this on my own and gave up.   :yesnod:

Where can I decode this?  OC147488

Could be a car that was a '70 model built at the Jefferson Assembly plant

Is this the number stamped on the machined surface on the block right by the oil pan?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Black and Blown

I believe so - the engine is in another city and I had to call a guy to get the number for me off the block.

bakerhillpins

I have a 440 engine laying around.  It's been rebuilt, and I'm trying to sell it.  (yes, still)

Wish you were over here in New England.  :rotz:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dodge Don

Looks like the original VIN.....might actually be OG147488....meaning 70 build, St. Louis Assembly Plant, car VIN 147488....if true this was likely not from a 70 Charger since the VIN falls within the non-Charger runs.

Black and Blown

Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 17, 2013, 07:27:37 AM

Wish you were over here in New England.  :rotz:

Sent you an email. 

Daytona R/T SE

What work has been done to the engine ?

Where is it ?

How much do you want for it ?

Black and Blown

What work has been done to the engine ?

Where is it ?

How much do you want for it ?
[/quote]

I will attempt to attach the dyno sheet and engine stamping. (by the way, they only had time to do two dyno runs, so it should get up a bit higher than this)
The build is stock, except for a Weiand 8009 intake manifold and Mopar Performance valve covers.  It was rebuilt by the guy who does all of the engine work on Gesswein's mopars in Milbank.  If that doesn't mean anything to you, Gesswein is a car dealer who collects amazing Mopars.  This rebuild was done by 'his' guy, who is like 70 now.
It's in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
$2,500 OBO

John_Kunkel

OC147488 would be a '70 built at the Jefferson plant, I believe only Chryslers and Imperials were built there in '70.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.