News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vacuum Canister

Started by mikeydf14, February 14, 2013, 08:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeydf14

Just received my new vacuum canister for my head light doors. I haven't seen one in many years and I forgot that they look like a painted tomato juice can mounted sideways on a flat piece of metal!  The can mounts below the battery tray, another wonderful Dodge engineering idea, and is subject to battery fumes and rust problems. I was thinking of using a top coat on the can to help ward off the affects of the battery.  I thought about using some Rust Oleum Spray on bed liner which is very durable. Any thoughts?   :shruggy:

Dmichels

68 440 4 speed 4.10

68 RT

Just use a sealed or an agm battery. Alos teh batttery tray will rust out long before the canister. And who if they seen the battery leaking wouls let it continue to leak all ove the place?

mikeydf14

If that's the case of course the tray will be the first to go. It's more of the battery vapors that I am concerned about not a leaking battery.

JB400

The fumes should go up unless they are heavier than atmosheric air, in that case, they would go under the car.  The only threat that I see to the vacumn canister is the rust issue.