News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steer and gear or FirmFeel

Started by My9302002, January 17, 2013, 10:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerDodger

Quote from: seany on January 23, 2013, 04:05:13 AM
just curious if this is the cure to ''soft steering'' i find i can barely keep a straight line on the freeway.i have a 74/318 car.i did a complete rebuild of the front end(drove like i was sailing a boat before)i thought i was going above and beyond replacing iners,outers,uppers,lowers and steering box with alignment to top it off.steering box was a refurb from nap pa,don't know anymore than that.but with all said and done i have no faith in driving this car.seems to be all over the road takes lots on concentration to drive.i hate it that i can drive with just a pinky finger,very sensitive steering.also do hands free turning with a quick snap of the wheel.was gonna experiment with different pulley sizes.any and all input would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like mine. Same car. Used to wander back and forth always required correcting the steering. When I put the reman. box from Napa in it corrected 90% of the problem.

flyinlow

I just put a Steer and Gear two in my '73. Also replaced the pitman arm , shimmed up the idler arm , and eliminated the rag joint. Have driven about 60 miles since. Very tight steering with a 15" Tuff wheel . Feels similar to my 04 Ram.  S&G is local for me so I just drove in and swapped my box for one they had ready. Tom and the crew at S&G were great to deal with.