News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

VIN decals on doors

Started by hemi68charger, February 14, 2006, 03:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
I was posed a question today and wasn't quite sure how to answer it... When did the VIN door decals first appear? I believe it's 1970... Is that the case?.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Blown70

As far as I know that is the case, Drivers door.

Tom

hemigeno

Daytona's were the first to have them, even though they're a '69 model year offering.  IIRC all '70s had to have them.

I suppose Chrysler put them on the Daytonas since they were going to be shipped out and in showrooms about the same time as the '70 model lineup.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on February 14, 2006, 04:11:34 PM
Daytona's were the first to have them, even though they're a '69 model year offering.  IIRC all '70s had to have them.

I suppose Chrysler put them on the Daytonas since they were going to be shipped out and in showrooms about the same time as the '70 model lineup.

Well Geno... that's a pretty detailed answer !!!  Thanks.......  Makes sense about them getting the decals since they were suppose to have been a '70 model any how....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

I'd give you a picture of my car's label, but it was pulled off the door.  You can still see the line marking the edge of the adhesive from where it was applied though...

What I said before is my best guess as to why they put them on Daytonas, but it's still just my guess.

Here's a pic of my door edge:

69_500

Darn it, beat to another easy answer by Gene.

Man can ya leave some for the rest of us to answer. Only kidding.

I would post a picture of a Daytona's VIN sticker, but since its not my car I won't.

hemigeno

You'd have beaten me to it if I wasn't able to keep the site pulled up on the computer here at my office.  It pays to be the boss sometimes...

Besides, pulling a paycheck every week has to be better for you and your family than the door prizes here at DC.com.

:icon_smile_big:

69_500

Don't know about that one, as I haven't got a first paycheck from the new job yet. But yes, a paycheck is better than sitting at home all day. Even though I got to spend a lot of time playing with my son, and catching up on a lot of time I missed with him at my last job.