News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Small Update

Started by 71ChallengeHer, January 13, 2013, 02:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

Sorry I haven't been around, New docs and lots of tests. I'm in a ton of pain. Just letting you guys and gals know I'm alive.  And the good news is no broken vertebrae. the bad news is the muscles tightened up so bad it caused my spine to curve really bad. I start pool therapy on tues. The doc said baby steps. And I have no pulse in my left wrist when it is above my head ?  :shruggy:  So I have to have so more tests for that. At least I'm getting some answers.  :2thumbs:

A383Wing

cdr

HANG IN THERE will be prayin for ya.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1970Moparmann

Jackie,

Thanks for the update.  A lot of people are thinking about you.....  Hopefully the pool therapy will help!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

JB400

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 13, 2013, 04:01:58 PM
Jackie,

Thanks for the update.  A lot of people are thinking about you.....  Hopefully the pool therapy will help!
:yesnod: :yesnod: :2thumbs:

68 CHARGER R/T

bill440rt

Jackie, glad to hear you are OK. You are truly a fighter.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Alaskan_TA

You are the toughest person I know. I hope the physical therapy can get you some relief from the pain, stay strong kiddo!

twodko

Hi Jackie! The pool therapy is going to be wonderful for you.......I just know it. Positive reinforcement....good karma......good catma.......AND Shelby. Yep, good things are coming your way GF.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

69rtse4spd

As long as you trust this Doc.,& getting answers.  :2thumbs:.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 13, 2013, 04:01:58 PM
Jackie,

Very well said, and I agree! Were are here for you  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Dino

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on January 13, 2013, 02:34:11 PM
Sorry I haven't been around, New docs and lots of tests. I'm in a ton of pain. Just letting you guys and gals know I'm alive.  And the good news is no broken vertebrae. the bad news is the muscles tightened up so bad it caused my spine to curve really bad. I start pool therapy on tues. The doc said baby steps. And I have no pulse in my left wrist when it is above my head ?  :shruggy:  So I have to have so more tests for that. At least I'm getting some answers.  :2thumbs:

Jackie does the pulse return when you turn your hand?

Consider an LSO or spine corset to help you relieve pain and get your spine straight again.  Talk to your doctor, it may be covered under insurance. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

TUFCAT

Quote from: bill440rt on January 13, 2013, 04:50:25 PM

:engel016:  I couldn't have said it better myself!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 15, 2013, 04:55:47 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on January 13, 2013, 04:50:25 PM

:engel016:  I couldn't have said it better myself!

:2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Steve P.

Hey lady. Glad to hear you are getting somewhere with this. No broken stuff is good.. I think the water therapy is going to be great for you. It worked wonders for me.. I had some of the same as you know. The water changes everything.. I hurt like hell the first time in and had to get out.. A pile of muscle relaxers later and I was back in.. MONSTER DIFFERENCE in just a few weeks.. Just do not let them tell you that PAIN IS GOOD when they try to stretch you. You know your limits. DON'T let them push you. When it hits the OH F___ point, STOP THEM. It will take time, but continuing this will allow more and more motion without pain...

Good luck lady and keep us up to date.. 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida