News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is this a 8 3/4 rear

Started by d72hemi, February 15, 2006, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d72hemi

My daughter and I went junk yard hunting today, and we found a 74 Challenger. I know the 8 3/4 was last factory installed in 1972, but it looks like some one put one in. Does it look like a 8 3/4 to you?, sorry for the crappy picture.

Ian

Blown70

Quote from: d72hemi on February 15, 2006, 12:00:49 AM
My daughter and I went junk yard hunting today, and we found a 74 Challenger. I know the 8 3/4 was last factory installed in 1972, but it looks like some one put one in. Does it look like a 8 3/4 to you?, sorry for the crappy picture.

Ian

BEST I Can see it appears to look like one

ALSO WHAT WAS IN FRONT TO THE DRIVERS SIDE ABOUT 30 FT by the fence.  Looks like another E body?

Tom

Chryco Psycho

d72hemi

I may be using it in my 72 Charger! I need a narrower rearend. Yes I know I will have to relocate the leaf sping purch, and get a new drive shaft. what is the differance between the "1971-1974 8 3/4 B-body" and the "1971-1974 8 3/4 B-body S.W. ", in the axle chart? And on more pic of this poor Mopar

That is not another e-body in the background, I will postart a new topic with all of my pics tomorow!

tecmopar

The wagon rear is about 1 1/2" wider but the perch location is the same.

d72hemi

S.W. = station waggon. I get it now  :spank: . It is just after 0100 (1am) when I posted that.

Headrope

Here's another chart to help ID rearends
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.