News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Copper Header Gaskets

Started by Dmichels, January 08, 2013, 07:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmichels

Picked up a set of Summit copper manifold gaskets I am planning on using them with some Headman headers. I am tired of replacing blown out header gaskets so hopefully this solves it. They fit fine except for a little extra clearencing on 1 bolt hole. I am going to pick up copper collector gaskets as well. Any input on these parts
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Cooter

About 50/50 here. Seen 'em work well, and seen 'em not work worth two pinches of puppy sh*t. I find they work Really well with enignes that do NOT use to siamese exhaust ports, like the SB Ford.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

HPP

Ditto what Cooter said. Same with some of the dead soft aluminum units out there too.  In those instances, I've had good luck when doubling up on gaskets, but eventually they will burn through and fail again.

randy73

Best results I have had, is using copper spray on high quality gaskets.

Dmichels

Ok did they leak a little or did they burn out? Maybe a little hi-temp RTV would fix a small leak
68 440 4 speed 4.10

randy73

Mine did not leak or burn out, but did you check the headers to make sure they were even. I had to take mine to a machine shop to get them level, the center section was about an 1/8" lower than the outside pipes.

darryn smith

I use permatex ultra copper high temp rtv on a felpro gasket, wipe some evenly on both sides let dry then torque the bolts up, never had any trouble..dazza

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce