News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would you sell your Charger for?

Started by greenpigs, January 08, 2013, 11:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

Not so much a dollar amount but a reason to sell.

I was thinking MAYBE of selling it in a few years for a down payment on another house, but honestly I don't think it would bring enough to make it worth it.

So for you what would it be?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

JB400

In all honesty, I hope the time doesn't come for me to have to think about this.  If it does, it'd have to be a darn good one.  I could find other things in life that I could live without.  The charger is not one of them.

johnnycharger

Scaregrabber

I sold my matching #'s 71 Hemi R/T eight years ago. A new company had taken over my company, my future didn't look good with them (horrible company and it wasn't) so I sold the Charger to pay off my house. I still miss the car but you can't sleep in them. I'd do it again if I had to.
I could have bought it back within this last year for $20k less than I sold it for. I decided to pass as I don't think you should ever try to relive the past anyway. I would like to get another 71 Hemi but a different colour this time and if it's non matching that's fine as I won't have to worry about driving the heck out of it the way I do with my 66 hemi Coronet.

Sheldon

Cooter

I think you pretty much hit it on the head with the "Don't think I'd get enough for it" thing. With today's Lowballers offering seriously low offers and using the economy to their advantage, it really isn't worth trying to sell. Especially if you have "invested" serious money into it for a really GOOD resto.

About all you'd be doing is giving the car away only to regret it later.

As for me, I'd have to think on it for a little while. Using the thinking above as my reason. If I'm not gonna get anything for it, I might as well keep it.
I guess one thing i could do is park it outside in the yard and let people/flippers/etc. come by and make some stupid offers only to turn them down. Then, watch them post on YT, FB, this forum, etc. about how they saw this nice GL jsut sitting outside and owner won't sell, how much of a shame it is, etc.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charger490

i just sold my 68 charger but i have two more to play with. i am getting up in age where it is hard to take care of them.retired and no money coming in.tired of going to car shows paying 10 dollars to get in .                     

Back N Black

I would sell for a 70 or 71 Cuda, just for a change.

GOTWING

it took me 23 years to find and buy my high school charger back, im not selling it again!!  :slap:

nvrbdn

i would sell mine to get to an even keel. but i think everything else automotive would go first. but then it is in the making as we speak. the cougar is up for sale, and the gas pump and street light etc... is going up for sale. we will see how far that goes and who knows?  sometimes in life you just feel like mabey its time to re-evaluate what you are doing and change directions. ive always been a mopar freak, but as i age, my importance list is starting to change.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chargen69

Quote from: johnnycharger on January 09, 2013, 12:45:42 AM
Only the survival of my children.  

:iagree:

i had one before and was stupid and sold it, it would take a big reason or a TON of cash for me to sell the one i got now

Dino

If we need the cash and there is nothing else to turn to the Charger will go but I'll do whatever I can to prevent that scenario.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Sometimes I wouldn't sell it for less than 100k and other times I'd trade it for a handful of magic beans.

Daytona R/T SE

I'd sell four or five of them to free up the time, money, garage space and patience that I need to finish the two or three I intend to keep...

Lord Warlock

As a last resort only, its possible but i doubt i'd let it go unless things got really desperate, and after 30 years i've been through plenty of desperate situations that didn't end with me selling the charger.  Also there is no way i'd sell it during a depressed economy where I'd get half of what i think its worth.  For 10 years now i've held on to a dodge stealth only because i didn't want to give it away for a fraction of what i have in it, but after a long unemployment period, i'm considering it after i finish a fresh paint job and reassembly, had it now for 20 years, and would hate to see it go, but would live with it since i really don't drive it at all anyway.   I get far more pleasure just looking at the charger in the garage than the stealth. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

kab69440

For knowing I'd never, ever have to work again and live very well for the rest of my life.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

HeavyFuel

Its all about timing.

When I was restoring the upteenth part in my cold garage, waiting for a car that was STILL at the body shop to return , and I had the whole reassembly in front of me,   :brickwall: I probably would have sold it to the first soul to slap $$ down in front of me.

Right now....I'd dip into retirement to pay bills rather than sell the car.

2 years from now.....who knows?

odcics2

Guys - Don't kid yourselves!!

With rare exception, your grave will barely be covered when all the crap you collected will be tossed aside by the remaining relatives!! They will ca$h out!
I have already seen it happen with "dear old Dad's" treasures. 

Personally, it makes me... :RantExplode:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

jaak

Quote from: Back N Black on January 09, 2013, 08:32:31 AM
I would sell for a 70 or 71 Cuda, just for a change.

I have always said when people ask 'will you ever sell it', I say only to buy a 71 Cuda, but I'd still have to think about it.

Jason

Tilar

Right now I can't forsee any reason I would have to sell my 68. I have a lot of toys I can sell before it gets down to that one. Now I would probably sell the 73 if the right money were to come along.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I would only sell mine to get into something different....possibly an E body 'vert (71 Cuda please) or an Eleanor clone :drive:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BlueSS454

I can think of several reason I would cut mine loose and have considered recently...

The thought of starting my own business

Down payment on a house/moving expenses

Free up space in my garage and money (currently have 4 restored cars).  It has become very costly and time consuming to maintain them all.
Tom Rightler

1974dodgecharger

sold mine due to lay off from job....  ::) :'(

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 09, 2013, 09:10:42 PM
I would only sell mine to get into something different....possibly an E body 'vert (71 Cuda please) or an Eleanor clone :drive:

I had an E-body once. While they're appealing to the eye on the exterior, the seating position & comfort leaves a lot to be desired.

Patronus

Interesting topic, as I've had to toy with the idea of selling as I need to buy a house. Being a contractor I really need to get into flipping homes. I've been doing other people's for almost 30 years, I think my time has come.. Hopefully with my VA benefits I won't need that huge down payment..
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

charge69

odcics2 is correct! You or I will not be cold in the grave yet before our relatives will start selling anything and everything you love and hold on to just for a great time the cash will provide with their share of your estate. With my children and grandchildren, all boys for grandchildren, I am sure they see the almighty dollar signs instead of the historical significance of my small collection of guns and my Charger.

I will try to sell everything I own, if I am lucky enough to know when the time comes, and ensure my wife of a little financial security as I would not trust either of my children to care for her in her old age. They have known her since they were very small (my children are now 43 and 40 years old) and, though she is their "stepmother" in reality, she has never treated them other than her own children. their real Mother is still in their lives, also.

She loves them both dearly and they love her too but, with families (Wife, husband and children) of their own, I just want to make sure she gets what care she needs. They (my children) really do not need anything from me and do not need to worry about either of us as we try to age gracefully.

Who knows what tomorrow brings but, a nice cruise in my car, finally restored, will be great for both of us. Everyone has their own unique situation to deal with and mine probably does not have my Charger staying in the family. The grandchildren are not musclecar guys and probably would just sell it for the money anyway. My wife is my concern here as they (the grandchildren) seem to have a good future ahead of them and my old car just isn't in it.