News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quarter replacement cost

Started by DrHemi, January 16, 2013, 12:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrHemi

How much have yall paid to get quarter panels replaced? Is $1k each side (not including part) reasonable? Before anyone says it, yes it would be cheaper if I did it myself but welding isn't a skill I have.
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

Cooter

Well, prices vary depending on labor rates, but anywhere between $1000-$1500 Per side is about right. Of course, you can get it done cheaper, but I wouldn't paint the car any dark color afterwards....

GOOD Bodywork is hard to come by anymore. All Bodyshops care about is the paycheck. Insurance jobs n the paint isn't quite good enough. YOu and your car however, are a different story.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

Is he just cutting them off & welding on the new ones, or will he be doing the finish work & primer as well? Full quarters or skins?
If the finish work is being done, that's a great price. Just make sure proper steps are being done to prevent future corrosion.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

DrHemi

Full quarters plus corners and trunk extensions (possibly rear valence and tail light panel). They're not really a body shop though he has several old cars. They do more frame work so they're very experienced welders.
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

cdr

find someone that knows mopars  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

chargerboy69

Quote from: DrHemi on January 16, 2013, 11:28:29 AM
Full quarters plus corners and trunk extensions (possibly rear valence and tail light panel). They're not really a body shop though he has several old cars. They do more frame work so they're very experienced welders.

I have a very close friend who does this kind of work.  I have recommended him to several people.  A job like this with valance, quarters, wheel wells, a taillight panel, he would charge $1000.00 to $1500.00 with no finish work.  We are very spoiled by his prices and his work is second to none.  He does not believe in taking advantage of people, so he keeps his prices very low.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford