News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black 68 on Ebay

Started by RDR 838, December 12, 2012, 10:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDR 838

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

RDR 838

Yeah, it figures. I had to laugh when I read the second chance email!

hatersaurusrex

Lol!  Did it go like this?

"Hey, thanks for bidding.   I have a number for a name and 1 positive feedback, but you can trust me.   Anyway, I was looking to get 30K, but I'll take 12K if you kindly forward it Western Union to Nigeria.   I am travelling out of the country and will be happy to ship you the car if you send me a separate payment of 1K as well.   By the way are you interested in laundering about 25 Million in oil money?"
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

RDR 838

Oh, so you know Prince Munjambo IV; small world!.....................it was just the usual horsesh1t.

MSRacing89

This is not a scam, granted we did not deal with the representative from Nigeria.......a customer of mine bought the car last week and it is sitting in my shop right now.  Already have the half the suspension apart and new parts on the way.  Drove it all the way from Bend to Seattle, no issues.  Needs a little TLC and some paint, but all in all a pretty solid car.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

skip68

It's at $18,300 and the reserve is not met?    :shruggy:  But he'll sell it for $12k?    :shruggy:   If he'd take $12k for it then why isn't the reserve close to $12k?    :shruggy:   Something sounds fishy here......   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

RDR 838

I'm glad it's not a scam. Could be automatic second chance offer or account hijack or something, unless second gen values have really fallen through the floor! The second chance offer message just said that they didn't sell the car and that I should only reply if I was serious. That was on the 12th.

MSRacing89

Quote from: skip68 on December 13, 2012, 06:58:51 PM
It's at $18,300 and the reserve is not met?    :shruggy:  But he'll sell it for $12k?    :shruggy:   If he'd take $12k for it then why isn't the reserve close to $12k?    :shruggy:   Something sounds fishy here......   

I can't speak about the fake second chance offers that were recieved, but this car was purchased for much higher then $12K.  I had personal conversations with the owner of the car we all settled on a price that made everyone happy.  Lets just say it was higher then 18,300 and lower then 21,000!!

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

RDR 838

Seems like a fair price. Looked to be in good shape too apart from the tlc and paint that was mentioned in previous post. Thought it might go higher. Nice car.

MSRacing89

Yeah the only thing we have found so far that is a bit concerning is the engine has a harmonic vibration.  This occurs even when it has no load on it holding it at about 2000k and above.  Sifting through all the paperwork still, but it is a steel crank motor and I am thinking it may have the wrong balancer on it or possibly a flex plate issue. 

1974dodgecharger

good deal man...thats a very FAIR price......