News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6 pack linkage question

Started by oldcarnut, November 30, 2012, 11:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I got a question about the linkage and fast idle solenoid from another members post.  My center carb and linkage is different from the one somebody just bought (orange one). Other than 4spd and auto, are there different setups between the years and is the fast idle really needed? I could fabricate one to attach to the existing pc.  Mine will be used with an auto and eventually a/c.  There's a few other items I'll be needing I think once I start to install it but the linkage lever has me curious.  
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=96996.new;topicseen#new

1970Moparmann

Can't help you, but want to see the responses because I'll be going down this road shortly.  :popcrn: :popcrn:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Chryco Psycho

All of the factory carbs I have seen have the arm for the idle solinoid , these may be aftermarket replacements . Virtually every 6 pack I have tuned either the solinoid was missing or not working so it will work without it

b5blue

I have both org. and re. center carbs, both have I.Sol. arms on them. It will only be an issue if adjustment settings when fully completed have the engine run on do to too much fuel still being delivered. ("Dieseling") 
  It will depend on all the variables like cam, compression, heads, ignition system and six-pack setup.  :scratchchin:

oldcarnut

Thanks guys.  My center has a vent on the bowl unlike the other one for another difference but I don't think it matters on that.  Was just curious which one was correct.   When I bought this set I didn't have any previous knowledge on them but I thought the price was good.  $1500 for the motor and 6 pack.  Here's what it used to look like until one of the members here refurbed them for me and changed out the Vette bowl in front..  Did a nice job.  I powder coated the intake.

Chryco Psycho

the bowl vent was 69-70 , in 71 the vent went to the engine breather / 3 line

62 Max

Quote from: oldcarnut on November 30, 2012, 11:25:04 AM
I got a question about the linkage and fast idle solenoid from another members post.  My center carb and linkage is different from the one somebody just bought (orange one). Other than 4spd and auto, are there different setups between the years and is the fast idle really needed? I could fabricate one to attach to the existing pc.  Mine will be used with an auto and eventually a/c.  There's a few other items I'll be needing I think once I start to install it but the linkage lever has me curious.  
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=96996.new;topicseen#new

The reason the shaft is different is because some previous owner cut the tang off,they all had them.When you're ready let me know,I have some extras already plated.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 01, 2012, 02:51:18 PM
the bowl vent was 69-70 , in 71 the vent went to the engine breather / 3 line

Yes and No....... :icon_smile_cool:

There were 3 line breather vents in 70 as well.....depending on which State they were being sent to. The 70 FSM actually shows the bowl with the "pipe" and not the flapper.

polywideblock

hi, mines the other 6 pack set up! sposed to be stck 69 but iron manifold!came with new  replacement idle sol. have bought "lary shepard" 6pack "bible" is there any other reference material? what do i hook idle sol. up to when swaping from 4bbl to 6pack?are these setups realy as drivable as people say ?don't want to make car "pig"to drive ,previous owner discribed it as brutal!  thanks phil

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

68RED4SPEED

Here are 2 fresh photos of my car, I'm not sure but these are supposed to be 1970 correct with new harness from A to Z.

polywideblock

hi just checked manifold, casting date 8.21.69 iron 2946276 looked online says 70-72 6pack, my center carb does not have breather at top? is it a 71 set up ? what luck if it is! phil

Chryco Psycho

The 71 had the vent line to the valve cover vent just like the one in the picture above your post

polywideblock

hi,are you talking about 3/8 hose from under center carb? mine has the spigot no hose .i'm talking about the vent on top of fuel bowl that looks to be linkage operated. thanks phil