News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Questions about repro armrests...

Started by tylerk, December 04, 2012, 09:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerk

I bought a pair of front armrests from Dante as my originals had seen better days.
This is my first time buying repros, so I was wondering...

Do all of the new ones have a very squared off, flat on all sides shape?
The originals were more rounded around the edges and were softer and a little puffy looking.
These, while nice, are MUCH harder than the originals and just don't get the shape quite right.
Seems like they aren't covered in vinyl either, and don't fit the base good either.

This is in no way against Dante's as they had it to my door in three days, so as far as
I'm concerned even if I send these back I'll buy something else from him right away.

This may be the story with all of the new ones and I may have to give up a little bit
of originality and keep them if nothing better is on the market.  Just wondered...does
anyone offer more correct, softer armrests?

:cheers:

68 RT

I think the repos are a solid material. The originals are vinyl covered foam. I found some nice originals on ebay because I was not impressed with the repos. What color do you need? I might have some 68 dark green ones. But not sure.   :cheers:

Dino

Apparently, the ones from BE/A are the best and more correct than the others.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tylerk

I'm looking for saddle tan for mine.

I've heard the same thing about Mike's before, but never saw any
pictures or anything.  These have a little bubbling around the screw
holes from where they were molded...I've never returned anything
in my life but I'm open to better options...

Thanks for the replies fellas, if anyone has any info on BE&A's
offerings, please advise!

I have BE&A pads dyed saddle. Apparently the material used on all repo arm rests is different and not easily colored.

Ghoste

With all stuff coming out of China and so forth today, why woul they use a different process and materials to make the armrests?