News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just got a brand new billet 1200 CFM throttle body...

Started by mhinders, January 09, 2013, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhinders

and it's delivered without any documentation whatsoever!! Everyone is expected to have a GM harness and it's just a plug-n-play???
There are signals into the stepper motor for the idle air control, and signals out from the Throttle Position Sensor, total of 7 signal pins, and no docs showing which signals on which pins??? And this isn't a cheap thing, even more so shipped and import duty and taxes paid to Scandinavia.

It's an Accel 1200 CFM throttle body, p/n 74202S4
- Accel has no info in their website, any request is redirected to Prestolite Performance
- Prestolite Performance is asking me to contact one of their 5 buddies, I contact all of them
- the one reply received asks me to look at the Accel's website!!!

Seems like one cannot expect much these days...  :brickwall:
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection

mhinders

I decided to see what the competition was using for an Idle Air Controller...and Edelbrock is actually using the same stepper motor and even provide info about the connections...clearly you have to think out-of-the-box in this business...
:scratchchin:
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection

Rolling_Thunder

on your TPS -

red / yellow = 5V reference. 
Blue / Green = Signal
Black = ground
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mhinders

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 13, 2013, 10:00:35 PM
on your TPS -

red / yellow = 5V reference. 
Blue / Green = Signal
Black = ground

Thanks!
Martin
Martin

Rolling_Thunder

Welcome -  the MS will be a fun system - are you running an MSII or the new MSIII ? 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mhinders

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 14, 2013, 03:03:08 PM
Welcome -  the MS will be a fun system - are you running an MSII or the new MSIII ? 
It will be the full sequential ignition and injection...the MS3X, using GM LS2 coils.

Yes, looking forward to it, but still lots of work with engine and body. Probably need to do the initial startup of the engine on pump gas, with carb and distributor...too many new things at the same time...

Do you have a good idea of how to do the cam sync, I would like to plug the hole to the distributor...
Martin

cdr

Quote from: mhinders on January 14, 2013, 03:14:59 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 14, 2013, 03:03:08 PM
It will be the full sequential ignition and injection...the MS3X, using GM LS2 coils.

Yes, looking forward to it, but still lots of work with engine and body. Probably need to do the initial startup of the engine on pump gas, with carb and distributor...too many new things at the same time...

Do you have a good idea of how to do the cam sync, I would like to plug the hole to the distributor...
you are going to have to use a duel sync dist ,or modify a stock dist to trigger only once per revolution at #1,or attach a magnet to the cam gear & mount a cam sensor on the timing cover.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

mhinders

Quote from: cdr on January 14, 2013, 03:36:23 PM
you are going to have to use a duel sync dist ,or modify a stock dist to trigger only once per revolution at #1,or attach a magnet to the cam gear & mount a cam sensor on the timing cover.
Yeah, it's the timing cover sync I'm interested in...would like to get rid of the distributor completely...
Martin

cdr

Quote from: mhinders on January 14, 2013, 03:42:56 PM
Quote from: cdr on January 14, 2013, 03:36:23 PM
Yeah, it's the timing cover sync I'm interested in...would like to get rid of the distributor completely...
no matter what you are going to have to have the lower part & shaft of distributor !!  gotta hold the oil pump drive down,,i would cut & modify a dist.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

mhinders

Quote from: cdr on January 14, 2013, 06:15:27 PM
no matter what you are going to have to have the lower part & shaft of distributor !!  gotta hold the oil pump drive down,,i would cut & modify a dist.
Yes, I saw somebody providing some sort of billet hold down, but cutting an old distributor is also possible (if I can make it look good enough...:icon_smile_cool:...).

I´m considering using some sort of motorcycle pickup for the cam sync in the timing cover. My Ducati 916SPS has 2 of these crank sensors in a hot, oily environment so that should work well as a cam sync.
Martin

cdr