News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need an engine for my 69 Charger

Started by GordonGriggs, December 09, 2012, 04:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonGriggs

Last year when I bought my Charger the owner told me that the transmission needed a throwout bearing. I finally saved up enough money to have it checked out and I find out that the engine is messed up. The mechanic says the problem is in the lower block somewhere, and he will let me know more when he gets time to check it out.
I was thinking about just getting a remanufactured engine. It has a 383 but if I have to spend a lot of money I might as well get a 440.

Anyone have any suggestions on remanufactured engines?

Thanks!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

GordonGriggs

Thanks for the link but Im looking for something a little bit lower priced. Im not going to be racing this car so I just need a stock 440. Anyone know if Jasper engines are any good?

cdr

have used them alot, had very good service & the engines did great! for a stock replacement engine,also they have great warranty .
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

GordonGriggs

Thanks for the replies!

My mechanic called jasper engines and the do not have a 440, so Im just going to have him build me one.