News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vega plug on a clone ????

Started by Highbanked Hauler, November 15, 2012, 06:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

What do you use for a rear shelf package tray when you use a Vega hatch ?  Obviously you need a new headliner, how much of a problem is it to get it to fit the top and the sides ? Thanx
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

kab69440

The 500 style package tray goes over the speaker shelf and dutchman panel. I imagine the 500 style headliner also works after you relocate the spiked pieces from the backlight casement.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Indygenerallee

Dane has some great info on how he did his.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

BigBlockSam

hey

i made my package tray out of plywood 1/4. tryed to use 1/8 but it was to flimsy . i had heard that the original 500 package tray  did not fit correctly but i did not try it . plus you have to come up with a plan to hold the back of the package tray up  . 
  i used a daytona headliner from yearone . it fit pretty good had to stretch it a bit on the sides in the back.
  remember to transfer the teeth to the plug and to add mounts for you window trim   :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 16, 2012, 10:24:44 PM
hey

i made my package tray out of plywood 1/4. tryed to use 1/8 but it was to flimsy . i had heard that the original 500 package tray  did not fit correctly but i did not try it . plus you have to come up with a plan to hold the back of the package tray up  . 
  i used a daytona headliner from yearone . it fit pretty good had to stretch it a bit on the sides in the back.
  remember to transfer the teeth to the plug and to add mounts for you window trim   :cheers:

AH that was you, I thought I heard that someone used plywood for the package tray.  Does the inside trim come anywhere close to fitting ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

BigBlockSam

QuoteDoes the inside trim come anywhere close to fitting ?

i think some people have used there original trim but i don't see how that would work  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Don't bother trying the original package tray or inside trim. A good trim shop knows how to finish it out. They will need to make the tray from scratch and they have special flexible rubber trim for the back glass. The factory trim has the wrong radius in the corners.  Also, the headliner has to be modified and glued into place. You will need to make a shelf for the package tray to sit on.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams