News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just a thought...

Started by chargd72, November 16, 2012, 12:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

I'm not all about using Furd parts but do you guys think a front spoiler off a 71 Mustang would fit on a genIII Charger?  One major difference is the license plate cut out.  I don't want a front license plate anyway and I like the look with a solid air damn across the entire front.  If anyone with a 3rd gen chin spoiler could give me some measurements that would be great.  Mostly looking for the length of the internal bends.  Thanks. 

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

JB400

Why not just take the factory R/T spoiler and fill in the license plate hole up?

chargd72

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 16, 2012, 12:34:25 PM
Why not just take the factory R/T spoiler and fill in the license plate hole up?

After staring at Kate dance in you signature for 10 minutes, I can now answer your quesion...

A couple reasons.  If I buy a factory spoiler for $200 bucks, I'm not going to mess with it.  The Mustang one is only $80.  Also, there is a small lip on the mopar one in front of the plate hole.  It wouldn't look right if it were filled in. 

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Ghoste

Saw a magazine article recently with a GTX that had a Ford front spoiler fitted and it didn't look out of place other than not used to seeing one on a 68 GTX.  :lol:  But it seemed to fit if you know what I mean?

ACUDANUT

Trust me..Use a 70 Challenger T/A front  spoiler if you want to go cheap and give it a better look.  You don't have to drill 12 holes either.

chargd72

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 16, 2012, 03:09:29 PM
Trust me..Use a 70 Challenger T/A front  spoiler if you want to go cheap and give it a better look.  You don't have to drill 12 holes either.

Cheap is the main objective, but I don't mind paying less when I can.  I want it to be a wrap around type spoiler.  Not just the straight type.