News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is a fair price for 69 R/T SE project car

Started by preid, October 17, 2012, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

areibel

I sure wish I could find cars like this for $5k or $6k, there are none like that close to me.  I've looked at shells with no motor/ trans/ front clip or floor and the asking price was $2k.  And that's for 318 cars, big block cars are worse.  I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky to find the 69 I have now, I bought it a couple years ago for $2500 and had to go 400 miles to get it!  It's a 318 auto console, needs trunk floor, floor pans, a quarter (plus patches in the other if it can be saved), a front fender, etc.. Plus the interior. I can do most myself except the color coats, so I'll probably wind up with $10K total and it won't be a big block.  And I probably looked at 25 cars to find that one, prices ranged from $1500 to over $5k back then, and none were in as "nice" shape as the one I bought.   
Like I said, if it's a real RT/SE with a running 440, the grille is complete and not smashed up, I really think it would go for more than that.  Cheap plentiful Chargers are an urban legend areound here!

chargerboy69

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 17, 2012, 11:40:04 PM
If it's really a running number matching RT SE AC car with the fender tag present, I can see it just breaking 5 digits on a good day. Blue on blue is a desirable color. I agree that it will be an expensive resto needing pretty much everything including a good chunk of the AMD sheet metal catalog, so body shop costs are going to be high. You asked what's fair, which I interpret to be a reasonable number that both parties could live with..... not necessarily what it could fetch, or what would be a good deal for the buyer.

= $7500

However, in the current market, you are way better off financing and buying a done car. You aren't going to enjoy restoring it yourself, so why pay more and wait longer to have a completed car? It still costs the same to restore one, but sale prices are low vs. 5 years ago.

I am in this price range too.  Now if it needs frame, floor, trunk floor work, then that is a different story.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

6pkrtse

Is ths the same members car that has been for sale for a couple of years now that started at something like $15g's & is now down all the way to like $4900.00 & trading a Road Runner with it also for the right deal?
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 6pkrtse on October 18, 2012, 02:14:04 PM
Is ths the same members car that has been for sale for a couple of years now that started at something like $15g's & is now down all the way to like $4900.00 & trading a Road Runner with it also for the right deal?

It looks like it dont it  :icon_smile_big: I know what you are talking about he has been trying for over a year and only comes on to update the post and then leave.  Yeah he started at like 15k with some sheet metal then down to 9k then 8k then told us a final deal rare deal of like 7k, but then came back and said Ill take 4900 and said its a legit RT etc..how rare it is and still no takers.

Ghoste

JB400

Unless he changed the shifter, it's a different car.  This one is an auto.

Ghoste

preid

Thanks everyone for you input.  After thinking about this more, I've decided I'm no longer interested in pursuing.  I got excited by the numbers matching, R/T SE and rare options it came w/ but, yeah, it would be better value for me to pursue something already restored. 

The seller was asking 16K which I knew was a lot but wasn't sure what range was reasonable (which is apparently very subjective based on everyone's responses). 

At any rate, I'm moving on, thanks again for the advice!     

472 R/T SE

That background looks like the same that I've seen HLPAG use?  $16k sounds about right for them.

472 R/T SE

It is!!!

Check out these 2 pix.  I'm not gonna give them free advertising by posting a link to the car but the black car is the 4 gear, Dana R/T with A/C firewall & interior they've been trying to peddle for a while now.

preid, run...run as fast as you can.  YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM.  The largest scammer's of Mopars east of the Mississippi.

For Google search purposes only:  truemuslcecars.com, American classic muscle cars.

1974dodgecharger

I dont get it? Are they trying to sell the faded black one or the repainted one? If they are the same?

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 19, 2012, 01:43:08 AM
It is!!!

Check out these 2 pix.  I'm not gonna give them free advertising by posting a link to the car but the black car is the 4 gear, Dana R/T with A/C firewall & interior they've been trying to peddle for a while now.

preid, run...run as fast as you can.  YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM.  The largest scammer's of Mopars east of the Mississippi.

For Google search purposes only:  truemuslcecars.com, American classic muscle cars.

472 R/T SE

Really?  Both.

I just posted a picture of the one painted cause it's in almost the exact same place as the primer-ed rig.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 19, 2012, 03:50:45 AM
Really?  Both.

I just posted a picture of the one painted cause it's in almost the exact same place as the primer-ed rig.

ok, I see what you are doing...gotcha  :2thumbs:

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

preid

preid, run...run as fast as you can.  YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM.  The largest scammer's of Mopars east of the Mississippi.

Yeah, I am running away from this.  I won't advertise either for the guy that was selling this.  Only to say, I know he is in California and that he mentioned the cars are built out of state (east of Mississippi?), thats all he told me.  I was starting to think his sales pitch on this and a few others sounded sketchy.  Anyway, thanks for confirming this for me.

Brock Lee

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 19, 2012, 03:50:45 AM

Both have the same weird round sticker on the quarter glass as well.

Ghoste

One look like it is one the passenger side and one on the drivers side to me.  It looks almost like one of those Plymouth Win You Over hearts with the devil tail on it.

472 R/T SE

Na, they're just whoring Mr. Norm stickers.

Sorry so big, I'm hot linking off their site.

Ghoste

It's a heresy to attach Norm's name to those crooks.

tan top

Quote from: preid on October 19, 2012, 11:55:39 AM
preid, run...run as fast as you can.  YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM.  The largest scammer's of Mopars east of the Mississippi.

Yeah, I am running away from this.  I won't advertise either for the guy that was selling this.  Only to say, I know he is in California and that he mentioned the cars are built out of state (east of Mississippi?), thats all he told me.  I was starting to think his sales pitch on this and a few others sounded sketchy.  Anyway, thanks for confirming this for me.

yeah got a  out let for their crap in California  , forget the name , was in another thread about them  ,  with the black 69 with the mr norms sticker , think its a re body  :scratchchin: or one of them was , before shot of a hlpag resto none A/C car  , after resto !  had a A/C fire wall , will have a look for the thread  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

They have been placing a lot of classified ads in MCG lately too.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 18, 2012, 03:43:15 PM
Quote from: 6pkrtse on October 18, 2012, 02:14:04 PM

It looks like it dont it  :icon_smile_big: I know what you are talking about he has been trying for over a year and only comes on to update the post and then leave.  Yeah he started at like 15k with some sheet metal then down to 9k then 8k then told us a final deal rare deal of like 7k, but then came back and said Ill take 4900 and said its a legit RT etc..how rare it is and still no takers.

What ? " It looks like it dont it"