News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 Manual Valve body has a sticky 2nd gear

Started by BlaineKaiser450, October 22, 2012, 01:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlaineKaiser450

Does anyone know what would cause this? I have a 727 with a manual valve body in my 69 plymouth and when I shift from first to second the car lugs down. It feels almost exactly as if the brakes were being applied. I can power out of it if that happens, as it only lasts 3 or 4 seconds. I know this can't be right, any Ideas what it could be?
1969 Plymouth Satellite - 440 - 727 - 3.73 - 8 3/4 Suregrip

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1999 F250 7.3

John_Kunkel

What kind of MVB? Does it have low band apply (LBA)?

To determine if it has LBA place the shifter in 1st gear and accelerate to about 20 mph and throttle back too idle...if it has LBA the car will nose over against the compression braking, if no LBA it will just coast with no braking effect.

If it does have LBA, the lug down on the 1-2 shift is because the rear band isn't cleanly releasing...there can be several reasons for this and the configuration of the rear servo has to be known to go further.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.