News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coronet Wins 24-hr Lemons

Started by aussiemuscle, October 03, 2012, 08:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiemuscle

A '72 Dodge Coronet is not exactly what comes to mind when you think of endurance racing. This $500 craptacular sedan, though, just won the Index of Effluency at the 24 Hours of LeMons, and a Jalopnik reader helped make it happen. Over the weekend's 24 Hours of LeMons 2012 Gator-O-Rama, Viking03's 1972 V8 Dodge yacht won the prestigious Index of Effluency award for doing the best with the worst car.

The whole event was covered by the ever-ravishing Jalopnik alum Murilee Martin for Car and Driver and you should go check out the write-up there. Before that, don't forget to congratulate Viking03, and ask him any questions about what it takes to be top of the heap at $500 racing!

source; http://jalopnik.com/5948240/a-jalopnik-reader-just-won-the-index-of-effluency-at-the-24-hours-of-lemons

hatersaurusrex

I'm just jealous that the guy got a V8 B-Body that was obviously in great running and driving condition for $500 bucks.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

JB400

Just proof that a mopar can win in almost any event :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

hatersaurusrex

Also, the 'coronet' hood ornament is pretty dang sweet
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

70redbee

Where the heck do you buy a 1972 anything, especially a mopar, running and driveable for $500?

GO MOPAR

Ghoste

I do find the part about "the worst car" offensive.  We all know the performance is second to none.

rt green

i hate to break it to them but i dont think that should have been in the worst car catigory. theres more common sense built into that car than probably  most of the cars that competed
third string oil changer

JB400

Quote from: rt green on October 07, 2012, 07:13:49 AM
i hate to break it to them but i dont think that should have been in the worst car catigory. theres more common sense built into that car than probably  most of the cars that competed
Actually, there's probably just as much common sense put into those cars as there is put into responses on this website. :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TK73

Few years back I picked up a '78 Fury Cop pkg car for $70... Ran but br booster was shot.

They are out there...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

rt green

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 07, 2012, 10:02:53 AM
Quote from: rt green on October 07, 2012, 07:13:49 AM
i hate to break it to them but i dont think that should have been in the worst car catigory. theres more common sense built into that car than probably  most of the cars that competed
Actually, there's probably just as much common sense put into those cars as there is put into responses on this website. :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:
should i call the burn unit?
third string oil changer