News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

904 tranny id

Started by 67tbird, September 29, 2012, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67tbird

72 Charger with a 318-904 junkyard combo, 318 coded for 77-86 one site,76-79 on other, I can't find anything on the 904. Trans id pad(bellhousing in front of dipstick) has #24198254 stamped on it, I can't find the pad with the serial# on it. According to the Chall/Barracuda guide I have it should have 904LA on the pad thats got the #'s.

John_Kunkel

The raised pad on the passenger side of the bellhousing is stamped with the VIN; in the number you posted 24198254 the first 4 should be a letter identifying the plant...the 2 is the year 1972 (or maybe 1982).  

The part number will be found stamped in the pan rail on the drivers side below the shift lever...it will most likely start with PK.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

67tbird

sweet! 2nd # is probably an A bottom half is not stamped clearly could be orig tranny, dust cover is gone so probably just motor has been removed. Thanks Dave