News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

question for those who have installed a full floorpan in a 2nd gen.

Started by Ryan, September 27, 2012, 05:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

How well did the floor meet up with the firewall? Mine does not fit very well and I'm not having much luck getting it to fit.
Anyone else running into this?
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

richRTSE

I did mine last winter, and I don't recall any major fitment issues. I kinda remember it being off in the gas pedal area. After I removed the factory seam sealer there were some pretty big gaps in the original floors. I know it required alot of clamping along the firewall edge and some minor adjusting with a hammer. I also had to apply quite a bit of weight/pressure and hammering to get it to sit down against the trans x-member area...

NHCharger

I installed two floor pans in my 68 last year.
The only AMD panel I had some issues with was the rear valance.
You've seemed to have a lot of fitment issues with the AMD panels. Have you pulled some measurements to see if the car is tweaked from a possible accident?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ryan

Quote from: NHCharger on September 27, 2012, 09:29:42 PM
I installed two floor pans in my 68 last year.
The only AMD panel I had some issues with was the rear valance.
You've seemed to have a lot of fitment issues with the AMD panels. Have you pulled some measurements to see if the car is tweaked from a possible accident?

Ya the car is square, no major accidents. Most of the issues I have had others have had as well.

I got the floor to fit after some more tweaking. It is a little off in the gas pedal area but nothing horrible.

2014 viper TA

Indygenerallee

I would not worry about it, I have removed factory seam sealer on several old Mopars and found over a 1/8" gap between panels, these cars were thrown together at the factory!!  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

green69rt

I don't know how AMD decides how these panels fit or are designed but I would guess that they get old parts from people like you and me (in fact if you look at their site you can see that they solicit parts so they can reproduce them.)  I've had their parts mate up perfectly and others take a lot of work, I think it's a consequence of where the original part comes from.   They all seem to work after more or less work and yes my worst one was the rear valance.    Haven't tried a floor yet, waiting on the rear underseat section.

Ryan

FYI they have redesigned the rear valance as of a month or two ago. They sent me a new one for free. Its still not perfect but it is so much better then it was before.

2014 viper TA

Ryan

this was before the pry bar and big ass hammer came out to play

After

2014 viper TA

Indygenerallee

Ryan

2014 viper TA

Indygenerallee