News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Broadcast sheet - gear?

Started by XP29H9, September 29, 2012, 09:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XP29H9

Where on your broadcast sheet does it tell you the gear that came in your car?  Does the axle number have anything to do with it?

Also, what about the cam?  How many cams were offered in a production year?  And, what were the lift/duration of those specific cams?

I'm not sure if this info is even out there, just wondering.  I do figure that those of you that have a pretty clean broadcast sheet would know about the gearing though.  Any input is much appreciated!!

Benji

Under "Basic Car Line" at the left, then down to "2" then look over at the 4th box from the left you will see the letter "D" and under it will be "AXLE" and under that is a number.  That is the axle code.  Then look at this site http://papentastars.tripod.com/id21.html under "Brakes, Trim,Transmission, Axles" for your number.  For instance a D 58 means you have a 4.10:1 Dana 60 axle (assuming you have 69-71 Mopar.) A D 53 means you have a 3.23:1 axle. 

Not sure about the cam shaft as I couldn't find it on the broadcast sheet I have for a 1969 hemi Charger 500.

Ben

XP29H9

Awesome!  Thanks for the info!   :2thumbs:    :cheers: