News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEMI brake boosters for my Daytona - I'm confused?

Started by Daytona Guy, September 20, 2012, 10:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

HEMI brake boosters - I'm confused?

Is the back of this booster going inside my car under the dash? This can't bolt up on the outside of the fire wall, because look at the bolt pattern – it is nothing like the back of my brake booster that bolts on to the fire wall with the 4 long studs.
So if brackets go inside under dash - the only advantage of this set up is getting this 8" diameter booster. What?
Does anyone have any good advice for a brake booster for a hemi and the brackets that are supposed to move this out of the way. Must say it is annoying the lack of information out there. Also, this booster in the pic above is 220.00 and is priced good. Not willing to pay over this for some brackets.

Why can't I just buy a smaller diameter booster? Seems like a common sense simple move. Where can I find a smaller booster?

Dane

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

xs29j8Bullitt

That is not a Hemi booster setup...

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=QuestionAnswer&Number=5663382

The offset bracket is needed to clear the valve cover... see pics
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona Guy

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on September 21, 2012, 02:23:50 AM

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=QuestionAnswer&Number=5663382

That is so helpful. Does that "less Link" that goes into the brake pedal area bolt right to you brade itself? Or do I still use the Z mechanism (for the lack of a better term) ?

Also, mine is an Air car. Will the Air Con fan on the firewall be in the way of the valve cover (cast) ?

Also, I'm getting the new Indy 2x4 intake. It is different than stock MOPAR or Stage V, so Indy said there are new 2x4 base being made, does anyone have a manufacture that makes these? Does anyone recommend a good looking air cleaner for ideas?

We should bump the HEMI Daytona builds on this thread - I can't seem to find them??????

Dane

Daytona Guy

Quote from: moparstuart on September 21, 2012, 05:57:24 AM
http://www.mbmbrakeboosters.com

I have had good luck with these guys

Thank for the help. Do I need to call them because I did a search on their site and nothing comes up. I find nothing HEMI in it.

Dane

moparstuart

not sure if they have it but give them a call they can tell you
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

xs29j8Bullitt

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Daytona Guy on September 21, 2012, 10:45:42 AM

That is so helpful. Does that "less Link" that goes into the brake pedal area bolt right to you brade itself? Or do I still use the Z mechanism (for the lack of a better term) ?

Also, mine is an Air car. Will the Air Con fan on the firewall be in the way of the valve cover (cast) ?

Also, I'm getting the new Indy 2x4 intake. It is different than stock MOPAR or Stage V, so Indy said there are new 2x4 base being made, does anyone have a manufacture that makes these? Does anyone recommend a good looking air cleaner for ideas?

We should bump the HEMI Daytona builds on this thread - I can't seem to find them??????

Dane

Dane, you won't need the Z linkage, or Intermediate linkage as it's commonly refereed to, the Hemi Booster linkage rod attaches directly to the pedal, just like a non power manual master would...I no longer repro the HEMI BOOSTER brackets/assys, but I'd recommend DrDiff on Moparts, he has 2 versions avaliable...as far as the Indy or Stage V manifolds they are tall units, have different carb spacing, so if a stock air cleaner for quads, and a stock Charger hood are in your gameplan, you have issues on that front, depending on the manifold chosen,..

Mike

Daytona Guy

Quote from: DAY CLONA on September 21, 2012, 07:31:23 PM

Dane

Dane, you won't need the Z linkage, or Intermediate linkage as it's commonly refereed to, the Hemi Booster linkage rod attaches directly to the pedal, just like a non power manual master would...I no longer repro the HEMI BOOSTER brackets/assys, but I'd recommend DrDiff on Moparts, he has 2 versions avaliable...as far as the Indy or Stage V manifolds they are tall units, have different carb spacing, so if a stock air cleaner for quads, and a stock Charger hood are in your gameplan, you have issues on that front, depending on the manifold chosen,..

Mike

Mike, that is a huge help. Indy is telling me that some manufacturer in Mopar Collectors Guild makes air cleaner "bases" for the "chrome dome". If worst comes to worst, I should be able to put a stock 2x4 intake on it, right?

Dane

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Daytona Guy on September 21, 2012, 11:37:25 PM

Dane

Mike

Mike, that is a huge help. Indy is telling me that some manufacturer in Mopar Collectors Guild makes air cleaner "bases" for the "chrome dome". If worst comes to worst, I should be able to put a stock 2x4 intake on it, right?

Dane

Check with this guy about an air cleaner... he makes several variants of stock appearing air cleaners...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/lb_enterprises/m.html

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on September 22, 2012, 09:17:14 AM

Dane

Mike

Dane

Check with this guy about an air cleaner... he makes several variants of stock appearing air cleaners...

Yep mine has that lid and the flow thru base from FHO.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Daytona Guy

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 22, 2012, 09:38:42 AM
Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on September 22, 2012, 09:17:14 AM

Dane

Mike

Dane

Yep mine has that lid and the flow thru base from FHO.

How about some pics of your HEMI's or some links to some pics :)

Dane

Charger-Bodie