News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carshow music

Started by SmashingPunkFan, September 06, 2012, 08:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: Cooter on September 11, 2012, 06:18:47 AM
Quote from: Charger4404spd on September 11, 2012, 06:17:23 AM
I dont care what music is played....just turn it down!  :brickwall:

Exactly. Only time I have any type of complaint is when the live "Band" is there and is wayyyy too loud.

That's the trouble with "live"..........it's loud. Now if it were on TV, one could simply turn the volume down. But sadly there's nothing but rubbish on TV so I don't watch it and therefore never really get to turn the volume any any direction. Just sayin'
If you can follow this...........you can follow anything!    :coocoo:   :leaving:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on September 11, 2012, 11:21:45 PM

Exactly. Only time I have any type of complaint is when the live "Band" is there and is wayyyy too loud.

That's the trouble with "live"..........it's loud. Now if it were on TV, one could simply turn the volume down. But sadly there's nothing but rubbish on TV so I don't watch it and therefore never really get to turn the volume any any direction. Just sayin'
If you can follow this...........you can follow anything!    :coocoo:   :leaving:
I'll agree to that. That's why I don't go to bars or honky tonks.  I like being able to talk to the person next to me without yelling.
I'll also agree there is nothing good on tv.  To many people acting stupid trying to be funny.  Not very many good movies either.  Today's music of any lineage ain't much better. Let's stick to the classix

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2012, 11:31:52 PM
Quote from: Fred on September 11, 2012, 11:21:45 PM

I'll agree to that. That's why I don't go to bars or honky tonks.  I like being able to talk to the person next to me without yelling.
I'll also agree there is nothing good on tv.  To many people acting stupid trying to be funny.  Not very many good movies either.  Today's music of any lineage ain't much better. Let's stick to the classix

with a bit of country mixed in.  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Tilar

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2012, 03:36:17 PM
Obviously, we aren't talking about some country music.  Garth Brooks ain't bad at all.  Shania Twain ain't bad either, or bad looking. 

No I wasn't talking about country music because I didn't think Ponch listened to it. I listened to just about anything till I was in my later 30's.  I love country music, and if I get about 6 beers down me I can sing as good as any of them.   :smilielol:   There's nothing wrong with "most" country music but some of this crap they play is rock with a little twang built in... which isn't country music to me.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2012, 11:31:52 PM

I'll agree to that.   To many people acting stupid trying to be funny.

Like the direction this thread took. 

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 11, 2012, 03:27:13 PM
they suck.

No, i haven't even listened to them yet and I'm not going to bother doing so either, since theyre not something I'm familiar with. They're not from the mid-90's, when music was good, therefore it stands to reason that they must suck. I know what I like. :D

Yeah? Well you can't figure out why your sh*t is pinging either..So what?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 11, 2012, 03:40:29 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2012, 03:36:17 PM
Obviously, we aren't talking about some country music.  Garth Brooks ain't bad at all.  Shania Twain ain't bad either, or bad looking.  

Country music? Pshaw. Who would want to listen to that? It sounds like rejected Eagles songs and the lyrics are illiterate hick gobbledydook about shootin' my sister with my shotgun because I done caught her cheatin' on me with my cousin in the back of my dead mama's truck. Nope, it sucks too.  :D

Again, you still can't figure out why your sh*t still pings. Again..So what?

Cooter

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 11, 2012, 09:56:08 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2012, 06:51:56 AM

Let me rephrase by asking this, if the loud band was playing 50's music would it be okay then?

only if the singer had sex with his teacher but didnt say anything.

And again for the third time, you still can't figure out why your sh*t is pinging..Your point?

Cooter

Old Moparz

Last night there was a live band playing at the cruise here in Newburgh, & they played an actual mix of music, FINALLY!!!

They did some classic rock, some newer music, & they did a few rockabilly tunes, blues, & I heard some Stevie Ray Vaughan, too. They were slightly better than average, not great, but good enough to not want to plug your ears. It was loud, but only in front of them so the simple thing to do was "move away" from the area in front of them. What a concept.  :lol:

I think because the guys in the band looked to be in their 30's & 40's is the reason for the good mix.  :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ghoste

Thats cool.  It made me think of something else though, is rockabillly the must hear music at a rat rod show?

Cooter

:2thumbs:

Rockabilly rules. Gotta few in the club that love to cruise in their Rods. Some even have bikes set up to look like rat rods. We have meetings and any given time they show up dressed to the "T". Looks like something straight outta the 50's. However, the Tattoo's tend to look out of place, but what the hell right.

Ghoste

But at a rat rod show, is it a standard thing that it will be played?  Is it normally a live band if they play it?

Cooter

Most times...Nothing like seeing a Stand up Bass being frailed. Love to see it played and yes, I love it loud, even at a car show.

Ghoste

Do they get into punkabilly, you know like Reverend Horton Heat or The Gotohells?

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on September 12, 2012, 06:52:34 AM
Do they get into punkabilly, you know like Reverend Horton Heat or The Gotohells?

No. Some perfer it, but again, it's like the 50's VS Grunge rock thing. Too different tastes.

Old Moparz

Speaking of rockabilly, Imelda May opened for Jeff Beck when I saw him......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwmhMzuBA2Y

Would be cool to see her & her band at a car show, she even has that "pin-up" look.   :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ghoste

And Jeff Beck can lay down a rockabilly groove with the best of them at that.  Plus he's a car guy, too bad his celebrity wouldn't permit him to just come to a rat rod show and hang out cuz I'm sure he would love it.