News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

flying tread damage to frt end

Started by chargerjy9, September 09, 2012, 06:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerjy9

I am absolutely beside myself. On the way to Frankenmuth Auto Fest this weekend, some damn cretin driving a foreign menace SH#T box decided to cut in front of me as I was slowing down to avoid a pile of truck retread tire debris in the middle of the road. Needless to say, he plowed right into it thus raining tire chunks all over the road. My 73 SE, un-restored survivor, took a direct hit, front end, punching a hole and cracking the left side grille assembly. (A part that is as pristine as the day it came from the factory, will be virtually impossible to replace in like condition. ) the valance panel is twisted and dented, the tire piece went under the car and slapped up against the chrome sill molding, denting it pretty good as well. AAARGG!!!!  But the worst part is the rubber skid mark across the front of the hood and the paint scratches from the steel belts. The paint on my car is original from factory, I don't know how to fix that. I can't repaint the whole hood and am not sure if it can be effectively spot painted. If it weren't for the big steel wrap around bumper, the damage could have been way severe. I know that you take a chance driving these cars, but any thing I do will affect the survivor status. The frickin' idiot who caused my grief had a cell phone in his ear. I just need to vent
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Ghoste

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Chargerguy74

That's terrible! There are a bunch of inconsiderate, arrogant, and just plain bad drivers on the road these days. I swear it took some time off my life when I bought a brand new car, stressing over every little rock chip etc. Doesn't matter how much space you leave in front of you and the next car cuz someone will just fill it, and normally cut you off doing it. I've had the same happen with other objects on the road. I've had sanding trucks start spreading sand/pea gravel while oncoming on the highway, literally while I was like 20 yards away, destroying the front end (lights, paint, grille) at a combined speed of 120mph (not a Charger, obviously, being winter). The other day in a construction zone I had a worker with a street cleaner plaster me with rocks as he swept everything into the only open lane....just unreal. A friend of mine bought a 2012 ZL1 Camaro and had the whole front end and lower half of the sides 3M'ed. That 3M film is some pretty crazy stuff. Something I may look into for a driver.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Chargen69

next time take the air off of his spoiler and put him in the wall

HPP

So did he at least stop and apologize?  If not, did you capture his plate number?  Some states consider this hit and run or abondoning the scene and will treat the offender accordingly. While that doesn't make up for the damage casued to your survivor car, it may help create some compensation to patch it up.

RIDELIKEHELL

Sorry to hear that  :'( They are over here in Canada as well!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

twodko

That just blows my friend. :icon_smile_angry: hopefully a member(s) will help you find another or offer help repairing the damage.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Hemidog

That really sucks man! And such a nice survivor too!  :icon_smile_angry:

PocketThunder

Yep that sucks.  Thats what happens when we drive our survivor like cars.   :brickwall:  :brickwall:

Dont feel bad, it could have been a deer.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Wicked72

that sucks... hopefully youll come across some parts that are perfect to replace at least you didnt get hurt. good luck
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

4cruzin

So how was the show?  I was going to go except the weather changed my mind . . . What time did I end up raining?  Sorry to hear about the car . . .  :eek2:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

chargerjy9

great show as always, it only rained Friday night.

if any one out there can lead me to a left (dr side ) grille bezel for a 73 SE that is like NOS condition, I would appreciate it
thank you
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

hemi68charger

Man, that sucks.......... Think I would have floored it to catch up with the jerk........... Let know a thing or two.............  :flame:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

68X426

What they all said.  :iagree:

Your Charger is truly a survivor now. Maybe a paint shop can clean up the hood and the scratches. Some paint and body guys are real artisits at what they can accomplish/repair/hide. Hope you can get it fixed.  :angel:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

tan top

aww noo  , bummr  :icon_smile_blackeye: sorry to hear that
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html