News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8.75 fluid question

Started by randy73, September 02, 2012, 11:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Service manual says 4.4 pts of fluid, but 70 ozs. does not seem like enough for the rear differential, what do you guys do?

Ghoste

I fill it until it just begins to dribble out of the filler hole.  There is a lot of metal in there when the diff and axles are in the housing so it isn't quite the empty cavern you might think.

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on September 02, 2012, 11:27:02 PM
I fill it until it just begins to dribble out of the filler hole. 

:iagree:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Chryco Psycho

sounds right to me 2 qts in the diff dana takes 3

bill440rt

I put the recommended amount of fluid in my diff after assembling it (about 2 qts). The level was still well below the fill hole, so I added more fluid.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dmichels

fill it till it comes out the hole  thats it no more no less
68 440 4 speed 4.10

John_Kunkel

Quote from: randy73 on September 02, 2012, 11:22:08 PM
Service manual says 4.4 pts of fluid,

The FSM's are inconsistent, '57 says 3.5 pints, the sixties say 4 pints and the seventies says 4.4 pints and there are no significant dimension changes in the housings.

One thing they all agree on is the checking level which should be between the bottom of the filler hole to 1/2" below it.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.