News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird wing washer needed- genuine

Started by rickroadrunner, August 15, 2012, 07:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickroadrunner

I am restoring a Petty Blue 'Bird in Australia, I really need to get hold of an original L/H wing washer.
I do not want a repop to put on a genuine 999 car ( as you would appreciate).
I have posted before, via my Australian Petty Blue Superbird restoration topic, but no luck.
I am hoping somebody may have one or know of somebody who has one. Any leads would be very much appreciated.
Surely somebody must have one hanging in a garage somewhere that needs to go to a good home back on a genuine 'Bird!!
Thanks in anticipation.
Rick

moparstuart

Quote from: rickroadrunner on August 15, 2012, 07:16:37 AM
I am restoring a Petty Blue 'Bird in Australia, I really need to get hold of an original L/H wing washer.
I do not want a repop to put on a genuine 999 car ( as you would appreciate).
I have posted before, via my Australian Petty Blue Superbird restoration topic, but no luck.
I am hoping somebody may have one or know of somebody who has one. Any leads would be very much appreciated.
Surely somebody must have one hanging in a garage somewhere that needs to go to a good home back on a genuine 'Bird!!
Thanks in anticipation.
Rick
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

Try a ad in both wingcar newsletters
part number is 3571134-5 for left or right.
Part description Reinforcement Plate Wing Vertical Stabalizer
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Arnie Cunningham

Originals do exist.  I don't know what Bruce Kepley did with the ones he took out of a car years ago but some have been saved from scrapped cars over the years.  I think I saw some on Ebay years ago.  As said earlier, contact the clubs DSAC and NBOA first.  Keep posting on all sites you can find.  One will show up.
Was yours missing completely or just damaged beyond repair?
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

rickroadrunner

When I purchased the car, the wing was not installed and the wing washer was missing.
I am a member of NBOA and placed an add with no luck.
By just placing a notice here and in a newsletter, I am purely reliant on a person reading it who may have this part.
If it was an Aussie rare part I would have spoken to people in the hobby. Many rare cars and parts are sold by word of mouth to people within the car scene. I'm sure this must be similar in the US.
I am hoping somebody can give me a lead. I have already made some phone calls to the US, with no luck. I would appreciate if somebody could give me a few leads, or possibly email their friends in the hobby and generally asking around.
For example, how could I contact Bruce Kepley? He may still have the parts or sold them to somebody else.
Thanks again.
Rick

rickroadrunner

Nacarxx29, would you mind if I phoned you sometime for a bit of advice on my restoration?
Thanks
Rick

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

rickroadrunner

Just looking at the picture, I can see the Daytonas look shorter and don't have some extra strength pressings the Superbirds have.
I can duplicate a washer down here, but to get it right it is a heap of work.
Thanks for the info though.

nascarxx29

Quote from: rickroadrunner on August 16, 2012, 06:15:19 AM
Nacarxx29, would you mind if I phoned you sometime for a bit of advice on my restoration?
Thanks
Rick
:Twocents: My recommendation on restoration detail would be for one Dave Patik .Justin Corndog did a few superbirds on here real nice and attention to detail

Mopar John

Quote from: rickroadrunner on August 16, 2012, 06:08:02 AM
When I purchased the car, the wing was not installed and the wing washer was missing.
I am a member of NBOA and placed an add with no luck.
By just placing a notice here and in a newsletter, I am purely reliant on a person reading it who may have this part.
If it was an Aussie rare part I would have spoken to people in the hobby. Many rare cars and parts are sold by word of mouth to people within the car scene. I'm sure this must be similar in the US.
I am hoping somebody can give me a lead. I have already made some phone calls to the US, with no luck. I would appreciate if somebody could give me a few leads, or possibly email their friends in the hobby and generally asking around.
For example, how could I contact Bruce Kepley? He may still have the parts or sold them to somebody else.
Thanks again.
Rick
Rick,
I have a wanted ad on this site for an original R/H or passengers side Superbird wing washer! So if I get a response and a pair is available I will be sure to contact you! If you happen to find a pair contact me about the R/H to see if I still need it.
Thanks! Mopar John

rickroadrunner

Absolutely! I did think that somebody may want to sell a pair only, so this could be a good solution for both of us!
Thanks,
Cheers, Rick

Arnie Cunningham

bkepley@comerinc.com

That is the email address Bruce has in the members section of this site.  I do not know if it is still current.  I have not been able to get a reply in more than a year.  Bruce is still active in the Mopar hobbie.  I doubt he still has the washers after all these years but he may know where they went or where to find others.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

nascarxx29

I have saved wings as souveriors etc but never kept the wing washer.But will ask some friends

Another email option bkepley@carolina.rr.com or bkepley@comerinc.com. Not sure But I think he sells cars still

hemicuda and superbird...

« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2011, 01:24:01 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, bruce is back...he's now the VP of Motorama Classic Cars in Monroe, NC, and you will be tuned in fairly soon to a facebook page that will be dynamic and very much like the material in my posts...bruce kepley

Streetside Classics is located in Charlotte North Carolina on 5400 West Wt Harris Blvd. Streetside Classics makes buying a car easy with their friendly and knowledgebale staff who are always ready to answer your questions. Next time you're in the Charlotte North Carolina area and looking for a car, drop by Streetside Classics, you'll be glad you did.  
Phone:

(704) 598-2130

rickroadrunner

Nascarxx29, that would be appreciated if you could ask around. Considering Mopar John is looking for a R/H washer, somebody may be happier to part with a pair rather than 1 side.
Thanks, Rick

rickroadrunner

Still looking, no luck as yet. Please keep any eye out, Thanks Rick