News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Scheduled Production Date

Started by 66FBCharger, August 23, 2012, 12:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

How accurate is the SPD stamped on the fender tag?
If you are doing a concours resto with all the correct date coded parts, is the SPD the absolute latest date a part could be dated?
My car has a 8/23/69 SPD, but yet my fuel gauge sending unit is date coded after that. ( I had a picture of the date code but it must be on the other computer). I believe it is just a matter of a few weeks newer than the SPD.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Ghoste

I don't know, I've heard of them being several days off. 

69CoronetRT

There can be a certain amount of variance to an SPD and actual production. SPD only means 'scheduled' it does not mean actual build date. The car could have been assigned a VIN and scheduled but held up in production for some reason.

Speaking in gerneral terms and only from what I've seen for 69 STL built cars....

If you compare VINs to SPDs, there are cars with VINs that are more related to cars with an SPD that is up to three weeks later. That is, the VIN on the car matches cars with an SPD that is up to three weeks later than the SPD on the first car.

(Do concourse judges check dates on guages????? I think that would be real hard to check once the guage is installed)
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

Not the guage, the fuel sending unit.

69CoronetRT

Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

Which begs the question, can the date code on the sender be seen during the underside inspection?

66FBCharger

I think it can be if you know where to look.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Ghoste

I would assume that an oe certification judge at an event like the Nats would know where to look.  At least I hope they would. :lol: