News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger parts

Started by Chargen69, August 08, 2012, 06:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

I am freaking tired of buying Charger parts.   pitman arm was around $160 from advance auto. are you serious? last one of those i bought for a truck (chev) was like $20

on the other hand, I hope it is back on the road soon (like months now, instead of years) from the restoration

twodko

That's the gospel. Our cars are becoming more and more desirable. The remans are very aware of this and are pricing parts accordingly. I recently bought a new set of 69 tail light bezel from BE&A......$375!!!  :RantExplode:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Chargen69

Ghoste

Wow, that seems like a lot for a pitman arm.  Please tell me it wasn't made in China?

Dino

It goes both ways, you can still buy a lot of parts that are not too bad in price.  Just bought a washer pump for $13!   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hemi68charger

I think the high prices at the parts store is more of a function of supply and demand/availability... There is a relatively low demand for a part compared to the daily sales of any given parts store. I don't think it is any conscience decision on the pricing segment to make it high because it is a "Charger".... The same part could be used a Belvedere with pretty much no market demand.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Well I agree but I also think that if that pitman arm was made in China, which it stands a very good chance of being, that there must be a considerable markup on it.  Low demand or not.   :Twocents: :shruggy:

bobs66440

Quote from: twodko on August 08, 2012, 07:07:02 PM
That's the gospel. Our cars are becoming more and more desirable. The remans are very aware of this and are pricing parts accordingly. I recently bought a new set of 69 tail light bezel from BE&A......$375!!!  :RantExplode:
My repop tail light lens and surround trim was over $1000.00.  ::) Insane. I want a new trunk medallion but I'm not willing to part with $325...

Ghoste

ESPECIALLY when that medallion isn't even accurate!!!!  I'd pay the price for the part if it were right but they chose to reproduce it without the brushed finish on the inner ring.  Just like the repopped woodgrain wheels for the 68-70 models.  I don't buy that it would have cost insanely more to do it right but I only base that on what others who have worked in the plating business have told me.  I don't have personal knowledge of making those parts.  All the same I am NOT paying big bucks for one that is wrong.  I won't even pay cheap for a wrong one.

Chatt69chgr

The expensive pitman arm is for the small sector shaft.  they used that until 72 I think.  After that they went to the large sector shaft.  The boxes are interchangeable.  The later box makes a better rebuild.  The pittman for the small shaft is only made by Rare Parts, Inc.  The pitman for the large shaft is availabe from Moog and costs around $50-$60 or so.  So if you are going to get your box rebuilt, pick up a large shaft core at the junkyard and send that in and buy the Moog pitman to fit on it.

HANDM

I learned twenty plus years ago that if it goes on a mopar, it's gonne be spendy.......

Chargen69

hopefully I'll pickup that piece of gold arm today