News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fishin'

Started by twodko, September 27, 2012, 09:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Bass Boat...
A good old Missouri boy won a bass boat in a raffle drawing.
He brought it home and his wife looks at him and says,

"What you gonna do with that. There ain't no water

deep enough to float a boat within 100 miles of here."

He says, "I won it and I'm a-gonna keep it."

His brother came over to visit several days later. He sees the wife and asks where

his brother is.

She says, "He's out there in his bass boat", pointing to the field behind the house.

The brother heads out behind the house and sees his brother in the middle of a

big field sitting in a bass boat with a fishing rod in his hand.

He yells out to him, "What are you doin'?"

His brother replies,

"I'm fishin.' What does it look like I'm a doin'?"

His brother yells, "It's people like you that give people from Missouri

a bad name, makin' everybody think we're stupid.  If I could

swim, I'd come out there and whip your ass!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

hawkeye

true Missouri story.  18 years ago we bought our farm here in mo.  now for those of you that haven't lived in a small rural area (the nearest walmart is 20 miles away)  everyone who lives here is related and not only did they all grow up together but their parents and grandparents did also.  so someone buying a farm and moving into the community is rare.  our children were young then and in 4-h (for those of you that don't know what 4-h is, google it).  so when it came time for the kid's 1st 4-h meeting the whole community was there.  it was a combination meeting, family reunion, church service and picnic.  now being from iowa orginally but not having lived there for 30 years,  i was always given an assortment of iowa hawkeye hats and t-shirts for birthdays and christmas.  so i proudly picked out a hawkeye t-shirt to wear to the meeting.  the minute i got there i realized it was a mistake because everyone started giving me a hard time about it.   finally after about the 7th or 8th comment i very publicly said "i thought it would be ok to wear it because i didn't think any of you could read."  no one mentioned it again.

JB400

Your lucky I have a sense of humor.   Personally, I'm surprised no one went and got you a MU shirt to wear instead. :2thumbs:

hawkeye

don't get me wrong.  i've always thought alot of people from mo.  knew alot of them going up and they were all honest, good god fearing people.  that is one of the reasons we chose to buy here.  there is alot of good natured rivalry between iowans and Minnesotans but nothing like that about people from mo.  thinking any rural people are hicks is a mistake.  many drive a rusty old truck, wear old torn clothes, talk slow and are worth 10 million dollars.   didn't mean to ruffle any feathers but they drew first blood. 

JB400

Quote from: hawkeye on September 29, 2012, 11:26:27 AM
don't get me wrong.  i've always thought alot of people from mo.  knew alot of them going up and they were all honest, good god fearing people.  that is one of the reasons we chose to buy here.  there is alot of good natured rivalry between iowans and Minnesotans but nothing like that about people from mo.  thinking any rural people are hicks is a mistake.  many drive a rusty old truck, wear old torn clothes, talk slow and are worth 10 million dollars.   didn't mean to ruffle any feathers but they drew first blood. 
No feathers ruffled.  I'm not aware of any conflict between Iowans and Missourians.  Kansans yes.

mauve66

we aint too fond of them razorbacks either
that mo rural area you talk about is just like my families, town of 265 strong............................

plus i'm from mo and even i thought the joke was appropiate AND funny, i'm sending it to my dad,
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment