News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

say it ain't so

Started by poppa, July 21, 2012, 10:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

So this morning I was tightening up the head liner to put the trim pieces on. I was going to start at the front and work back. When I put the front metal piece I couldn't figure out how to screw it on. Tonight thinking about it, I thought I remembered something about some clips. Is this correct and what do they look like. Now for the really bad thought...does my windshield have to come out?? :brickwall: :flame: :brickwall:
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

I think these are the clips your talking about, they mount the front upper headliner trim. 

http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=132-1602020

poppa

I think so,never saw them. Someone else removed my windshield. Can I install these with the windshield in????

bill440rt

Yep, those are the clips. The little tabs go in the square hole, you then squeeze them with a pair of pliers. The little tabs then spread apart & that's what holds the clip in place. The molding then screws to the clips.
You should be able to get the clips in with the windshield in place, might be tricky. Try using a pair of needle-nose pliers, or 90-degree needle-nose pliers. I'd try every tool imaginable before resorting to removing the windshield. As long as you can get something in there to squeeze the tabs, you're good.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

poppa