News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I was the person I now hate...teenagers that butchered mopars in the 80's

Started by AKcharger, July 23, 2012, 04:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: MOPAR FANATIC on July 27, 2012, 11:03:24 AM
Quote from: Budnicks on July 24, 2012, 02:53:10 PM
Back in my day, they were just used cars, not collector cars, $250-$500-maybe $1500 tops POS's, just used car's, "mostly"... The Street Racer/Drag Racer/Gear head crowd I hung around, we all had a very popular saying, at the time, "Anyone can restore a car, it takes a real man to cut one up", I am still of the thinking, "build it how you like it" or, "restore it, if that blows your skirt up too"... But I'm far more respectful of the linage & rarity now... IMHO It really depends on the cars... I'm on my 13th 68-71 RR, I had them in many forms from, 100% original or even 100% #'s matching correct restorations, to full on race cars, I've had sometimes 2 or 3 at a time & had a dozen 68-70 Chargers too, 5 at one time, in many different states of builds, among many other Mopars, `cuda's, Demon's, Duster's, Satellite's, GTX's, Power Wagons, etc., among many Brand X or Foreign, English & German cars too, very few were 100% original, I liked my cars to be different than ever other car, out there, even if it's just a subtle change here or there... I still like the 100% original survivor's especially, or even the 100% restorations too {they are only original once}, but wouldn't be the person I am today with out all the car modifications & racing background, I don't consider any of it BUTCHERING, that's just what I did when I was young & I wouldn't hardly change a thing... Do what ever rocks you boat, there is a place for most everyone in our hobby, well mostly anyway...LOL...  :Twocents:

:icon_smile_cool: man,you should change your name to mine.MOPAR FANATIC  LOL
:smilielol:  :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

sixpack70

Ah, so you guys were the ones that hacked my trans tunnel, painted my engine bay black, hacked the wiring harness and added air shocks! I was wondering who did all of this crap! :icon_smile_big:
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

myk

Do what ever rocks you boat, there is a place for most everyone in our hobby, well mostly anyway...LOL...  :Twocents:

I draw the line at low riders/hopping cars with metallic flake paint jobs, 10 inch wire wheels that stick out from the fenders and painted murals of a naked chick holding revolvers in the middle of a desert posing next to a cactus under the moon .  Another classic gearhead friend of mine and I always argue about the Impala's and whatnot that get turned into these....THINGS; he says "better they turned out like this than to go to the junkyard," while I say "taking a classic like an Impala or a Charger and turning it into THAT is a fate worse than death..."  

bull

I did the same thing. The current owner and I got in contact with each other about my old '70 Charger and I was shocked at myself as I took him through the list of all the atrocities I committed. Hacked up the floor (including part of a support bracket) to install a 225/3 speed and shifter. "Fixed" it with a flimsy chunk of sheetmetal when the 383/auto went back in. Yanked the dealer-added A/C and lost it. Yanked the factory seat belts and lost them. Botched the bodywork (if you can call it that). Carved up the radio faceplate to accommodate the same $60 stereo you did. Redid the seats and tossed the build sheet. Installed a crappy JC Whitney carpet, changing out the original black for red. Accidentally melted the grill by parking it too close to the wood stove in the shop. OMG, the list goes on... :rotz:

A383Wing

I'm guilty of pretty much all that has been said....

and I still got the car

Bryan

squeakfinder

I wonder, is this what AA meeting's are like?

Let it out, let all out.     :lol:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

A383Wing

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

nvrbdn

Was it a Kraco or a Craig?

i actually found a set of kraco speakers at a swap meet last year. every cool car back in the 70's had a pair in the rear window. im gona put a better pair of speakers in them and hook em up to the 8 track :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

Mindblower speakers sitting right up on top of the rear package tray.  :musik010: :silly: O0 :apimp:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 30, 2012, 11:08:06 AM
Was it a Kraco or a Craig?

i actually found a set of kraco speakers at a swap meet last year. every cool car back in the 70's had a pair in the rear window. im gona put a better pair of speakers in them and hook em up to the 8 track :2thumbs:

Quote from: Ghoste on July 30, 2012, 11:11:06 AM
Mindblower speakers sitting right up on top of the rear package tray.  :musik010: :silly: O0 :apimp:

JENSEN 6X9 COAXS FTW!!!         

I couldn't find any coax's around but I did manage to grab some Jensen TRIAXs that are waiting to go in Sinnamon   :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

wingcar

There's nothing quite like Zebra fur covering the ceiling of your '66 Charger.   :nana: :slap:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Budnicks

Quote from: myk on July 29, 2012, 11:34:01 AM
Do what ever rocks you boat, there is a place for most everyone in our hobby, well mostly anyway...LOL...  :Twocents:

I draw the line at low riders/hopping cars with metallic flake paint jobs, 10 inch wire wheels that stick out from the fenders and painted murals of a naked chick holding revolvers in the middle of a desert posing next to a cactus under the moon .  Another classic gearhead friend of mine and I always argue about the Impala's and whatnot that get turned into these....THINGS; he says "better they turned out like this than to go to the junkyard," while I say "taking a classic like an Impala or a Charger and turning it into THAT is a fate worse than death..."  
:2thumbs: I'm not big on the stereo-typical Low-rider either, but I also believe in, "different strokes for different folks", Opinions will vary vastly, I'm sure, not everyone wants a GL or a box stock car, we all have different likes, needs & wants, I support allot of them, but I too dislike many things that people do, especially tires outside the wheel wells, hacked up body panels, poorly tuned cars, or trailer queens, or no go show boats, or the over the top purist that doesn't see past their own nose......
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks