News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rebuilding a 22" rad for a 528

Started by 70 Charger RT, July 20, 2012, 02:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 Charger RT

I'll be dropping in a 528 in my 70 Charger R/T which originally had a 440 Magnum (which is long gone).  The Charger has the original 22" rad cradle (yes it's original engine was a 440 (no AC)) and I want to fit a 22" rad from a 70 Newport.  The Chrysler rad will physically fit so I was going to have this rad rebuilt to a 4 core.  Will this rad be big enough to keep the 528 cool?  I don't want to go with aluminum as I want the stock appearance.  I hate to bastardize my 22" cradle to open it to a 26".  The build sheet also says it had a 22" rad in it from the factory.

Anyone have this setup?

Thanks for your input.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

471_Magnum

Pretty eazy to install a 26" rad in a 22" core support. Really no need to enlarge it. Just drill a couple of new holes.
That will be more cost effective than rebuilding your 22".
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

bobs66440

Quote from: 471_Magnum on July 20, 2012, 05:33:12 PM
Pretty eazy to install a 26" rad in a 22" core support. Really no need to enlarge it. Just drill a couple of new holes.
That will be more cost effective than rebuilding your 22".
I agree. I just spaced mine out an inch so the air can get to the entire the core.