News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

5.7 Hemi questions

Started by SmashingPunkFan, September 24, 2013, 12:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmashingPunkFan

I've recently decided to go retrofit with a 5.7 hemi.
I need the ECU, and wiring harness. I went to buy the ECU, and the guy claimed he HAD to know what it came out of to provide me with something that would work.Does it have to be exact? And how can I find out exactly what it came out? What if it was an auto setup? Cause I wanna change to 5 speed manuel, what then?

Thanks for the help guys
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV.
Projects:
1970 Dodge Charger SE (Main Project)
1973 Dodge Charger 400 cid. (Work in progress)
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter 4 cyl.

Looking for Seat tracks for bucket seats.

mhinders

I'm not entirely sure but I seem to remember that the ignition key is electronically locked to the ECU.
Searching the web you should be able to find info about what's needed in order to get new ignition keys...if that's what you are looking for.  :2thumbs:
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection

Cooter

Way too many aftermarket units to worry with stock electronics imo. Stock computers need the VIN in order to run. Will crank, but no run.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"