News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

transmission

Started by dodgegurl, July 12, 2012, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgegurl

Hello Family,

I just purchased a 2010 Dodge Charger, 2010, 49,000 miles. I love this car (Bright Red by the way!!) however; when it changes gears, there is a prominent bump. I have taken it to the shop but no codes. Other than this problem I love the car!!! Any suggestions? Any one is having this problem??

HELP!!!!!

Indygenerallee

our 2006 Charger has what I would call a "hard shift" been that way since we bought it with 76,000 miles has 110,000 on it now.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

dodgegurl

Thanks for your response, I guess I had just better enjoy it then huh....?

Dodge gurl

dodgegurl

Greetings,

is there anyway to get rid of this hard shift. Just rec'd a call to have the transmission reset and another to have them tear it down. Any suggestions on this????

Dodge gurl :-\

John_Kunkel

Try disconnecting the battery for a half-hour. This will erase the adaptive memory that the transmission controller has stored.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Back N Black

there are "flash updates" for the transmission. which most dealerships are able to take care of.

c00nhunterjoe

The transmissions in the new chargers have a nice positive shift. The adaptive learning strategy is very active as well. If you drive it like a grandma it will soften. If you run it hard it will firm up. No need to clear the memory on them.  I am very impressed with the shifts on the new tranny. One of the best I've felt in a long time. I can get mine to spin the 1-2 shift and occasionally bark the 2-3 shift