News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Win a Superbird!!!

Started by Skyview69, February 03, 2006, 12:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyview69

I may be ruining my chances to win but I figure maybe someone who loves mopars as much as me could win and not some fool who will sell it!

Here goes...

Sue Bee Honey is giving away a 1970 Richard Petty Superbird replica!  It is a satellite turned into a Superbird. Register to win at www.suebee.com

Good Luck and if anyone here wins I would like a ride in it!

Drache

Only in the U.S. us poor Canadians can't even enter. :-\
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

4402tuff4u

Thanks for the link and sharing the possibility of winning the bird. The winner better have approximately $ 17,000 to give to uncle sam. The disclaimer states that the winner will be responsible for taxes on the winnings. The bird alone is priced at $ 50,000, not including the plane tickets, etc...

I would still love to win it!!! It does not say what engine it has. Let's see $ 17,000 tax for winnings + $ 14,000 for new 426 hemi = $ 31,00 for a hemi bird.   :scratchchin: :drive:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Drache on February 03, 2006, 01:13:49 PM
Only in the U.S. us poor Canadians can't even enter. :-\

I'll give you a ride buddy! :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Where in the world are you coming up with $17,000 as the taxes on the vehicle? If the car is valued at $50K then I'm saying the taxes on it would be right about 7% depending on the state but that is pretty much an average accross the US, some states higher some lower but on average. 7% of $50K is $3,500. Now your telling me the plane tickets, and hotel accomodation for 3 nights, plus tickets to the race must cost about $200K. Because if the total value isn't over $230K I don't see how you would spend $17K on the taxes. Even if you include liscensing and titling your only going to be out what $5-6K tops.

4402tuff4u

Quote from: 69_500 on February 03, 2006, 02:22:00 PM
Where in the world are you coming up with $17,000 as the taxes on the vehicle? If the car is valued at $50K then I'm saying the taxes on it would be right about 7% depending on the state but that is pretty much an average accross the US, some states higher some lower but on average. 7% of $50K is $3,500. Now your telling me the plane tickets, and hotel accomodation for 3 nights, plus tickets to the race must cost about $200K. Because if the total value isn't over $230K I don't see how you would spend $17K on the taxes. Even if you include liscensing and titling your only going to be out what $5-6K tops.

On winnings such as a vehicle, uncle sam considers it income (value of car). It's like saying they are giving you $ 50,000. When you win the lottery, you don't pay 7 %, you pay way more, depending on your income. You will also be responsible for tax on the value of the car when you go register it - state sales tax (7% +/-) which I never took into account. I think you are basing your analysis like you are buying the $ 50,000 car at a dealer. That's when you only pay the 7%. 

In my particular case, that extra $50,000 + 1,200 +/- for flight hotels would put me in the 33% tax bracket in income. That's how I got $ 17,000 +/-. I'm in NY so I'm basing the above on that. Not sure but on winnings such as lottery and sweapstakes, etc.. there are different tax brackets where uncle sam gets more $$ since it's considerd and look upon as "found" money. It's still worth it.  :icon_smile_big:

SuBLimE 69

since I have a 1 in a million chance to win....better make it 1 in 2 Million cuz I have really bad luck....I will sell my wife to pay the taxes....no you cant test drive her and no pics. :P :angel:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

BigBlockSam

my wife had signed me up. cool car
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

joedotts

if i win im selling it for my dream charger

Charger_Fan

I'd have to sell it so I could pay it's taxes & my back taxes...then I could take what's left & buy my Charger a nice shiny new wingnut for the air cleaner. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Telvis

That would be the thing to do. Sell it as soon as possible and get the Charger you really want. My guess is it's probably not that great of a replica anyway. I'm sure they cut corners every place they could.