News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electrical gremlins on a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire

Started by moparguy01, July 10, 2012, 09:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparguy01

I'm trying to help out a buddy who is strapped for cash and his car has electrical gremlins I've never seen.
its a 2003 pontiac sunfire. First the daylight running lights stopped, shortly afterwards the regular headlights stopped working. It acts like a ground is bad, as both wires going to the headlight bulbs are hot always. We thought it may be the stalk, but he already had that one replaced and it did the same thing.

Ok, well here is why I don't think its something as simple as a ground. When you turn on the turn signals, the doors unlock. Everytime the bulb blinks, the doors unlock. When you put the car into reverse, the door locks cycle 6 times. The car is running fine, and I could not find any pinched wires or fused wires while looking at the car.

Has anybody seen this happen before? Any ideas? Right now I'm going with the car is possessed and going to start hurling split pea soup out its vents.

Indygenerallee

Full can of gas in the front seat and a lighter!!!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  :cheers: Those cars are utter shit.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparguy01

ya I told him that when he bought it. :lol: its better than the last car he bought. damn thing was so rusted it cracked in half. the dealership he bought it from had bondoed the frame rails and painted it to make it look pretty. Poor car has zero luck with cars.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.